Orientation is an important part of your English studies at Drexel ELC. Orientation begins at 9:00 a.m. on the first day of each full term or half term; most terms begin on Wednesday. The starting date for your term is on your acceptance letter and your I-20.
ELC Orientation Overview
- Writing, listening, and oral tests to determine your English level (There are 6 levels of English study at the ELC.)
- Information about classes at the ELC
- Information about Drexel University facilities: Student health, library, computer center, and gym
- Drexel ID cards issued at the Dragon Card office
- Drexel User Account setup for DrexelOne and email
- Tours of Philadelphia, Drexel University, and a shopping trip
- Opportunities to meet your classmates
- Introductions to ELC teachers and staff
- How to stay healthy and safe
- Information about the ELC activities program and other fun things to do!
What to Bring to Orientation
- Your passport, I-20 and I-94 card.
- If you do not plan to purchase health insurance through Drexel ELC, please bring your International Health Insurance Statement/Certificate. All students are required to have health insurance for their entire course of study at Drexel ELC.
- Payment for tuition and fees. (Students must pay tuition, health insurance, and any other required fees by the Friday of Orientation Week. After this time, you will be charged a late fee of $50 and will not be issued a class schedule. If you pay by wire transfer, please bring a copy of the bank transfer document with you. You should submit payment at least one week before the start of orientation to be sure it arrives on time. See Making Payments for more information.