For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Application FAQ's

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I am already studying at another school or English program in the US?

If you are transferring to Drexel English Language Center, you will need to fill out an I-20 Transfer Form (PDF) and give it to the International Student Advisor at your current school. We need to receive the completed form before we can issue an acceptance letter.

When should I apply?

We recommend that you apply as early as possible because enrollment can fill up quickly. However, we cannot issue I-20s more than 6 months before the start of a term. We issue most I-20s about 3-4 months before the start of the term. 

How long will it take to receive an acceptance letter and I-20?

We will process your application and send your acceptance package and I-20 as soon as possible by DHL courier. We do not know how many days it will take to reach you because the time is different to different countries. Please check with the English Language Center about when your I-20 will be sent BEFORE you make a visa appointment!

How to defer your studies

You should defer your studies if …

  • You do not have enough time to get a visa.
  • You need to begin your studies at a later date.
  • Your visa was denied and you want to reapply for a visa

Steps to defer your studies

  1. Return your original I-20.
  2. Make a payment of $255 USD
    • Administrative Deferral fee of $195
    • Express mail fee of $60
  3. Tell us the new date when you want to begin your studies.
  4. We will issue you a new I-20 and send it to you by express mail.
  5. If you already paid your SEVIS fee, you do not have to pay it again as long as you re-apply within 12 months of your first denial.

Early Withdrawal

If you transfer to another program or school before you complete at least one full term at the ELC, there is a $295 Early Withdrawal Administration Fee. To initiate the transfer, you must send us the following:

  • Early Withdrawal Administration fee of $295
  • Copy of your immigration documents
  • ELC Transfer Out form and acceptance letter
  • Transfer form from your new school