The English Language Center offers both undergraduate and graduate conditional admission programs for students who meet Drexel University academic requirements but do not have sufficient language skills. There are also Partnership programs to other Philadelphia-area institutions without TOEFL requirements.
- Admission to the University Preparation Summer Program is by direct application to Drexel University International Admissions only. The University Preparation Summer Program is for students who receive an acceptance letter from Drexel University.
- University Preparation (UPREP) is a 3-week summer orientation and preparation program designed to help students get ready for academic coursework and participate in activities that will prepare them for life at Drexel University.
- Drexel University Application and information is available on the Drexel Undergraduate Admissions website.
- Details for students accepted to the University Preparation Summer Program is sent in April.
Graduate Conditional Admission
Drexel Graduate Bridge is a conditional admission program for students who qualify academically but need to improve their English language proficiency to succeed in graduate school at Drexel University. During the program students take Intensive English Language for Academic Purposes (ESL), test preparation, and graduate academic study. They also participate in a cultural orientation program and a graduate readiness skills course. Upon successful completion of the program and recommendation of the Graduate Bridge advisor, students will qualify to pursue a Master’s degree or PhD at Drexel University within the College of Arts & Sciences, the College of Engineering, the Thomas R. Kline School of Law, or the LeBow College of Business. Click here for more information.
Drexel ELC has partnership agreements with several Philadelphia area institutions that offer conditional admission for graduate, undergraduate, and associate’s degree programs.
- Students can apply for conditional admission without TOEFL or IELTS scores prior to or during enrollment at the ELC.
- Applicants must meet and complete all admission requirements with the exception of the English language test.
- Applicants will receive a letter of conditional admission from the institution. They must also apply to attend Drexel ELC. They will receive an I-20 from Drexel ELC.
- A student who is conditionally accepted to these institutions and completes ELC Level 6 (Level 5 for the Art Institute) with an overall average of 75% will have the TOEFL or IELTS requirement waived and can be officially accepted to the degree program.