The Drexel University Urban Health Observatory and Collaborative, part of the School of Public Health, is seeking a Graduate Student Research Assistant. The position requires a highly-adaptable, detail-oriented, and organized individual who will work on ongoing and new initiatives with Investigators, Project Managers, Analysts, and other staff focused on research projects pertaining to urban health.
The applicant will be expected to:
Aid in conducting and preparing findings from
literature reviews for proposals, project reports and publications.
Assist with the collection of data, including
internet searches for data sources, contacting agencies to obtain data.
Assist in drafting website content and
conducting background research in urban health.
Work with quantitative and qualitative data.
Assist team members with presentations,
publications, and technical reports disseminating project research.
Assist with basic office operations, such as
filing, meeting and conference preparation, etc.
Additionally, the Graduate Student Research Assistant will work on new
initiatives as needed.
The RA will be available July-Sept and during the school year if possible. Hours are approximately 10 hours/week during the work
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications:
• Enrollment in graduate program in public health
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
• Knowledge of PubMed and other literature databases
• Knowledge of bibliographic software (Endnote, etc.)
• Ability to work independently
• Highly-adaptable, detail-oriented, and organized
• Previous experience working on research projects
• Experience with literature reviews
• Experience with SAS or other statistical software packages
• Expertise in urban health disparities, urban planning, geographic information systems and interest in the history of urban health a plus
How to apply:
Please email: 1. Cover letter (can be as email), 2. Resume, and 3. Unofficial Drexel transcript (print to PDF) to
Katie Livengood, MPH, Project Manager, Urban Health Observatory and Collaborative, School of Public Health
email@example.com. In the subject line, please write: Application Graduate Student Research Assistant
Department: Urban Health Observatory and Collaborative, School of Public Health
Number of Positions: 1
Location: On-site at the School of Public Health (33rd and Market Street)