Sheila R. Vaidya, Ph.D.
M.S. Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
B.S. Teacher Education
Ph.D. Educational Leadership and Learning Technologies
Ph.D., Temple University
Ed.S., Bryn Mawr College
M.A., University of Mumbai, India
B.A., St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, India
Areas of Expertise:
- Research Design
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Content-based Pedagogy
- Academic Optimism
- High Need Schools
- Developing Content-based Pedagogy
- Drexel University, School of Education (2012-present)
Professor of Educational Psychology
- Drexel University, School of Education (2009-present)
Associate Professor, PI & Director of the NOYCE STEM Education Program
- Drexel University, School of Education (2008-2009)
Interim Associate Dean for Research and Associate Professor
- Drexel University, School of Education (2005-2008)
Associate Director for Research and Outreach, Director of Doctoral Programs, and Associate Professor
- Drexel University, School of Education (1993-2005)
Associate Professor & Director, Ph.D. program
- Drexel University (1991-1992)
- Drexel University (1988-1991)
Visiting Assistant Professor
- Drexel University (1979-1987)
Human Behavior & Development
- Paul,C. & Vaidya, S. An Urban Middle School Case Study of Mathematics Achievement. Accepted for Publication in the International in the International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education.
Vaidya, S.(2010) Homi Jehangir Bhabha: remembering a scientist and celebrating his contributions to science, technology, and education in India. Invited Paper. Cultural Studies of Science Education, Vol. 15,#2, 507-519.
Vaidya,S & Urias, D. (2008) Foundations of College Teaching- A Course for Doctoral Students: Reflections on a Case Study in College Teaching. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Vol. 2, #1, January 2008/
Vaidya, S. (2004) Understanding Dyscalculia for Teachers. Education Fall 2004, Vol.124, #4, 717-720.
Vaidya, S. (2000) Teacher Education Reform Effort for Inclusion Classrooms. Knowledge versus Pedagogy. Education,Fall 2000, Vol.121, #1, 145 ñ 152.
- Vaidya, S. (2010) Homi Jehangir Bhabha: remembering a scientist and celebrating his contributions to science, technology, and education in India. Cultural Studies of Science Education, Vol.15,#2, 507-519.
- Breaking the Cycle of Underachievement: Developing Academic Optimism. Paper presented at the meeting of the American Educational Research Association (AERA) New Orleans, April 8-12, 2011.
- Noyce PI Conference, National Science Foundation. Changing the Cycle of Underperformance: Developing Academic Optimism. Paper presented at the Annual Noyce PI Conference. July 7-9, 2010.
- Program Evaluation: Phases I and II. Noyce Program. Poster Presentation. Noyce PI Conference. Washington D.C. July 7-9. 2009.
- Teacher as Researcher: Critical Pedagogy as the center of Classroom research. Presentation at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) meeting in Denver, Colorado, April 30th-May 4th, 2010.
- Drexel University Noyce Program (DUNS) $411,769.Robert Noyce Program for the development of mathematics and scienceteachers. National Science Foundation. Phase I Program Funded. 2004-2008. Principal Investigator and Project Director.
- Drexel University Noyce Scholarship Program (DUNS) $600,000.Robert Noyce Program for the development of mathematics and science teachers. National Science Foundation. Phase II Program Funded. 2009-2013. Principal Investigator and Project Director.