Nurse Practitioner Track: Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from a National League of Nursing (NLN)-accredited program. 3.0 or above on all previous coursework or 3.25 or above on the last 60 credits of the BSN required. Applications from R.N.s who hold a non-nursing baccalaureate degree are considered on an individual basis.
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended. You must supply transcripts regardless of the number of credits earned or the type of school you attended. If you do not list all post-secondary institutions on your application and these are listed on transcripts received from other institutions, processing of your application will be delayed until you have submitted the remaining transcripts. Use our Transcript Lookup Tool to assist you in contacting your previous institutions.
- A copy of your current, unrestricted United States RN license or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse. License verification from your nursing license registry website are acceptable.
- Resume (Note: Resume should be detailed regarding work experience including specific job experiences/responsibilities/departments).
- Two professional letters of recommendation (employer, academic, faculty).
- Personal statement (length: 800 to 1600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular program of study
- Your plans upon completion of the graduate degree
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this MSN program
- Previous related work experience may make an applicant more competitive.
- International Students: View additional requirements for international students.
- Applicants seeking admission into the MSN in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program must be willing to complete the clinical practicum rotations in one of the following states: Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia, Washington DC, Connecticut, Rhode Island, or Maryland.
- Please note all submitted materials become the property of Drexel University.
- Does not offer non-matriculated status.
- Students are accepted once a year by June 30th.