Holiday Toy Drive
18th Annual Holiday Toy Drive
Drexel University's Office of Government and Community Relations has begun its 18th Annual Holiday Toy Drive. Providing a toy or donation this year will be more important than ever, given the harsh economic constraints that many Philadelphia residents are facing. Requests continue to be received, with over 60 organizations now looking to Drexel for help. Recipient groups include public housing developments, churches and ministries, homeless shelters, youth centers, social service agencies, health centers, town watches, counseling centers and more.
Please include this year's Toy Drive in your holiday shopping, bring a smile to a child, and make their holiday special. Faculty, professional staff and students are encouraged to donate new unwrapped toys (no toy weapons please) beginning today, Tuesday, November 18th through Monday, December 15th. In addition, collection boxes are also available on the University City and Center City campuses at the following locations:
- Office of the President, Main Building
- Office of Government and Community Relations, Left Bank, Suite 102
- Gerri C. LeBow Hall, Lobby
- URBN Center, First Floor Lobby
- Korman Center, First Floor Lobby
- Nesbitt Hall, Lobby
- Office of the Dean of Students, Creese Student Center, Suite 215
- W.W. Hagerty Library, Lobby
- Recreation Center, Lobby
- 3201 Arch Street, First Floor
- All Drexel University Resident Halls, Lobby
- Bellet Building, Lobby
- New College Building, Lobby
Members of the University community can also participate in toy wrapping parties (with eco-friendly materials) which are scheduled to be held in the Great Court of the Main Building (32nd and Chestnut Streets) starting Wednesday, December 10 through Friday, December 12, from 11:00am - 1:00pm. Lunch and refreshments will be served.
For more information on the Holiday Toy Drive, please contact the Office of Government and Community Relations at 215-895-2109.