Entertainment & Arts Links
Media Arts Links
- National Association of Television Programming Executives website - Industry news
- National Association of Broadcasters - Terrestrial television and radio Industry information
- Greater Phila. Film Office - blogs, jobs, internships, things and people you need to know
- Philadelphia Independent Film & Video Association - e-newsletter, jobs, information
- Website of the American Film Institute
- Web site focusing on diversified media news and resources
- Sign up here for a free subscription to Kagan Insights, a newsletter about the business of media
- The Center for Creative Voices in Media - news, blog, research reports on free speech
- Hollywood Reporter Magazine - News, resources & jobs in TV, Film, Music, New Media, Home Video
- Current TV - Television created by the people who watch it. Co-founded by Al Gore
- Broadcasting & Cable Magazine online - Free newsletters, job listings, industry news
- Cynopsis.com - TV industry newsletter, podcasts, jobs, ratings and gossip
- Buzzmachine - Blog about media and news by Jeff Jarvis, creator of Entertainment Weekly & TV critic for TV Guide & People
Performing Arts Links
Library Resources Overview
Library-Subscribed EAM-Related Electronic Databases
Databases that are subscribed to by the library are available from any computer on campus. If you are off-campus, you will need to verify yourself as a member of the Drexel community. To do so, when you click on a database to open it, you will receive a screen asking you for your username and password. After entering these, you will then gain access to the database. (note: this is your DrexelOne username and password).
Just a few of our databases (that may be most useful to the Entertainment and Arts Management students) are listed below. We have hundreds. See www.library.drexel.edu for a complete list of Drexel Libraries' Databases (or to locate those below alphabetically by title).
Business and Company Resource Center
Good for finding magazine articles about a company or industry. The database focuses on trade and popular publications along with some scholarly journals as well.
Business Source Premier
Database focusing on business publications. Includes electronic access to the Harvard Business Review and the MIT Sloan Management Review.
Global news and business information service that combines the content sets of Dow Jones Interactive and Reuters Business Briefing. Includes The Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, Dow Jones and Reuters newswires and the Associated Press, as well as Reuters Fundamentals, D&B, and Bureau van Dijk company profiles. More than 9,000 sources from 152 countries in 22 languages, including more than 120 continuously updated newswires. And, more than 900 sources are available on or before the date of publication. Subjects include International Business, Taxation, Finance, Company/Industry Research.
Film Literature Index
Indexes 150 film and television periodicals from 30 countries cover-to-cover and 200 other periodicals selectively for articles on film and television. Only recently made available online, it is free at http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/fli/advancedSearch.jsp
Hollywood Creative Directories
A phonebook for Film, Television, Music, and Media contacts with Agents & Managers and Producers directories.
Offers profiles of more than 50,000 US and international companies. Each profile may include company description, historical profile, competitors, financials, industry information, and biographies of executives.
Market Research Reports. IBISWorld offers industry reports covering over 700 US industries (at the 5-digit NAICS level) and provide key statistics, market characteristics, segmentation, industry conditions, and industry outlook. You can search by NAICS code or by keyword. It's very easy to browse report titles as well.
International Bibliography of Theatre and Dance Full Text
A fully indexed, cross-referenced and annotated databank of over 60,000 journal articles, books, book articles and dissertation abstracts on all aspects of theatre and performance in 126 countries. Full text available includes more than 100 journals and over 50 books & monographs such as Art and the Performance of Memory, Who's Who in Contemporary World Theatre, World Encyclopedia of Contemporary Theatre and many more.
International Index to the Performing Arts
IIPA Full Text provides indexing, abstracts and selected full text from sources including dance, film, drama, television, the arts and entertainment industry, stagecraft, magic, musical theatre and performance art.
Market Research Reports covering the US and Europe. You need to create an account (which is very easy to do) before accessing any of the reports.
Huge multi-disciplinary database that includes electronic access to International Journal of Arts Management, The Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society and Journal of Cultural Economics. Also includes access to magazines such as Time, Newsweek, and Philadelphia Magazine.
Statistical/tabular data on companies, industries, products, countries and markets. Good for finding numbers.
Offers the full text of every current article in Daily Variety and Variety, as well as research tools like a searchable credits database, a global showbiz events calendar, interactive box office charts, classifieds, video clips, extended event photo coverage and more.
Periodicals (of note. Many more available)
- Cardozo Arts and Entertainment Law Journal
- Communication Law and Policy
- Computers in Entertainment
- Entertainment and Sports Law Journal
- Entertainment Law Journal
- Entertainment Law Reporter
- Entertainment Marketing Letter
- Entertainment Weekly
- Fordham Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Law Journal
- Hollywood Reporter (about one month delay)
- International Journal of Arts Management
- International Journal on Media Management
- Journal of Arts Management and Law
- Journal of Arts Management Law and Society
- Journal of Cultural Economics
- Journal of Media Economics
- Rolling Stone
- Ross Reports