Performing Arts Scholarships
Performing Arts Scholarships
We invite you to audition for one of our scholarship awards. Performance scholarships are available to students in any major, not just Department of Performing Arts' majors. Many auditions are held during Accepted Students Days in February, March and April, 2014. You should check below for specific information for each performance area. If you are unable to attend one of these audition dates, individual audition times can usually be arranged for theatre and with each ensemble director in music. The cutoff date for scholarship auditions for the 2014-2015 academic year is April 22, 2014.
General Scholarship Information
- Freshmen (and seniors) need to be enrolled in the associated ensemble for the fall, winter, and spring terms. Sophomores-Juniors must enroll fall, winter, spring and summer.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed. Students must re-apply, and in many cases, re-audition each year.
- The student must be enrolled full time at Drexel (at least 12 credits per term).
- Directors choose scholarship recipients based on ability, ensemble needs, and overall commitment to the ensemble.
- Students must be able to attend all rehearsals and participate in all concerts/shows.
Specific Audition Information
- When: Saturday, February 22, 2014; Saturday, March 8, 2014; Sunday, April 6, 2014; and Sunday April 13, 2014; Audition time and place: 2:30-4:00pm - in the Ellen Forman Memorial Dance Studio
- Details: Interested applicants will participate in a dance class for their audition. The audition will include both ballet and modern dance techniques. Applicants should come prepared to dance in both a soft ballet shoe and barefoot. You do not need to prepare choreography for the audition.
- How: Interested students must call or email Dr. Miriam Giguere, Dance Program Director at 215-895-4914 or email@example.com to reserve a space for the audition or for additional information.
- When: Saturday and Sunday, February 22-23, 2014; Saturday and Sunday, March8-9, 2014.
- Details: Each year the theatre faculty awards a limited number of performance, administrative and technical scholarships to highly motivated and dedicated students to work in the Theatre Program. Scholarships are awarded to students on their ability and level of commitment to the theater program productions. The theater program at Drexel is run as if it was a professional theater company and the scholarship students are the members of the ensemble. That means that members play a leadership role on each of the three Mainstage or three intimate studio productions. Scholarships are based on an evaluation of students' work and an interview with theater faculty during accepted student days.
- Performance Scholarships: For more information on theater scholarship opportunities and the theater program at Drexel University please contact Nick Anselmo, Theater Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 895-1920.
- Technical Scholarships: For more information on technical scholarship opportunities please contact Paul Jerue at email@example.com or (215) 571-4243.
For general inquiries or questions, please contact the Department of Performing Arts at 215-895-2451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Financial Aid questions, please visit Drexel Central at http://drexel.edu/drexelcentral/
We would like to know more about your performing background. Please click on this link for a contact form that will enable you to tell us of your performance experience.
Also in Dance