Renaissance Revelry at 18th Annual Madrigal Dinner
February 16, 2008 —
Travel back to 1608 and see what a Saturday night was like for the nobles. The 18th Annual Madrigal Dinner (presented by the Department of Performing Arts) will be served and sung on Friday, February 22nd and Saturday, February 23rd in Drexel's Great Court (located in the Main Building) at 7:30PM
Each evening features student performers costumed in Renaissance garb and hearty meals common to the era. This year's menu includes a host of appetizing Elizabethan dishes including Mulled Cider, North African Pork Chop or Poached Salmon, Potage Jacqueline with Butternut Squash, Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Turnips, Peas, Artisanal Bread, and Upside Down Warm Apple Tart. Following the fine feast, the Chamber Singers will delight guests with the sounds of Elizabethan Madrigals, French chansons, English ballads and lute songs.
- 18th Annual Madrigal Dinner
- Friday, February 22nd and Saturday, February 23rd, at 7:30pm
- Great Court (Main Building, 3141 Chestnut Street)
- Tickets: $21.95
- For tickets and info: 215-895-ARTS
- Reserve your ticket early - this event will sell out!