Closing Reception Celebrates African Art Collection
February 12, 2006 —
The current exhibit in the Leonard Pearlstein Gallery, Communal Expressions/Ethnic Diversity: African Art from the Collection of Dr. George Starks, Jr., will be coming to a close on February 17th. To celebrate this extensive collection of artifacts and art from the personal collection of Dr. Starks (Professor, Music Industry), the Gallery will be holding a closing reception on Sunday, February 12th from 4-6:30pm. Art Historian Naomi Nelson, Vice President of Programs at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, will be present to deliver introductory remarks on Dr. Starks impressive collection. Dr. Starks will also be donating his considerable musical talent to the gallery - the George Starks Quartet will be performing jazz compositions from such greats as Miles Davis, Duke Ellington and Thelonius Monk.
- Closing Reception: Communal Expressions/Ethnic Diversity: African Art from the Collection of Dr. George Starks, Jr.
- Sunday, February 12th @ 4pm-6:30pm
- Leonard Pearlstein Gallery, Nesbitt Hall
- Free and open to the public
- For more information: Liz Quinn, 215.895.2548 or email@example.com