Drexel Co-op is a renowned collegiate program and the essence of the Drexel Difference in Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design. Westphal College students spend a minimum of six months (two terms) working in paid positions where they apply classroom and studio skills to hands-on employment within their chosen professions. Often referred to as "The Ultimate Internship", Co-op affords the opportunity to learn about a career before being thrown into it, and to work with other professionals and acquire skills and experience that ultimately set Drexel graduates apart from graduates of traditional academic settings. Whether in Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles, or in Israel, Co-op offers students the opportunity to:
- Get a foot in the right doors by working for top employers
- Learn invaluable networking skills and develop professional contacts
- Experience one or more career fields before graduation
- Obtain the skills needed to edge out the competition
- Apply the skills learned in classes
With a dedicated faculty who are engaged with students and with their professional community, and leveraging of the resources of the city of Philadelphia, Co-op helps to define the uniqueness of a Media Arts and Design education at Drexel University.