Put your body text and images here.
- I have gotten an agreement from the chief editor of the Chinese journal of design, Packaging and Design, to dedicate 20 pages in the journal that will essentially promote our college and feature the award winning work of the Graphic Design Program’s students.
- I’m currently in the process of organizing an exhibition from China of design excellence collected nation wide by the editor of Packaging and Design. If I can locate a large enough venue on campus the exhibition will show here at Drexel in 2014.
- Member of the Faculty Leave Committee (Sabbatical)
We met four times for up to two hours each time to review 28 applications. I was required to make a power point presentation for the three candidates that I advocated from our college. All three were granted sabbatical.
- Chair - Westphal Independent Studies Program. I advised 2 prospective students and worked to guide through them through the qualification process.
- I arranged a delegation from our college along w/ Associate Provost July Mostov to meet with my friends and colleagues at the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, Guangdong, China.
- I recently hosted a Member of the Central China Committee for Cultural Exchange (CCCE) at my home and initiated an agreement for an annual / biennial faculty exchange between Westphal College and the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts (GAFA), Guangdong, China. Shushi Yoshinaga was the first faculty from our college to go there.
- Participated in the preparation of the GD Senior Show.
- Graphic Design Senior Show: consult with students to refine work for inclusion
in the show, and work with students to set up and take down the show.
- Mentor for about 20 sophomores from the G.D. Program
- Served as a member and consultant on two international committees: The China National Accadamy of Fine Arts Biannual Poster Exhibition.
- I continue to act as consultant for the Advisory Board of Package and Design, GuangZhao, China.
This year I arranged for an article to be written by the editor about Shushi Yoshinaga who gave a workshop and exhibited her work in an exhibition at the Museum of the Guangzhao Academy of Fine Arts. This journal has gained international recognition as the premier design journal in China.
I consult on issues of layout and design and occasionally write articles. I was their primary consultant at the time of start up in 1992.
- In both June and November, I coordinated a visit by six design educators from China to Philadelphia design studios and advertising agencies. I’ve done this each year for the past six years in conjunction with the vice president of the Chinese design Journal; Package and Design, Huang Lee.
- Attended several of the tenure search presentations.
- Was a judge for the annual research poster show.
- I met in Washington DC with chief editor Mr. Huang Lee, who is the chairman of the board. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss cultural exchange possibilities for the coming three years. He helped to arrange a meeting for me with Professor Zheng Yao of the CCCE.
BFA, Philadelphia College of Art (University of the Arts); MFA, Syracuse University