Shop Foreman, The Mandell Theater at Drexel University
Preforming Arts Department
POSTED: July 2014
* Bachelor's degree required
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in scenic carpentry
* Must be able to read scenic designs and technical drawings
* Must be comfortable and able to supervise students
* Experience with theatre electrics and sound is preferred
* A basic knowledge of rigging is ideal, but not essential
* Master carpenter
* Supports the Drexel Theatre Program and the Mandell Theater
* Assist in the supervision of Load-ins/Load-Outs
* Assist with student supervision during practicum hours
* Keep the scene shop running in an organized and productive manner
* Assist the Mandell Technical Director and Theater Program Production Manager
* Available to work some weekends and evening hours
STARTING DATE: September 1, 2014
Drexel University is a comprehensive research university with more than 22,000 students across its colleges and schools. Located in Philadelphia, one of the nation's most vibrant cultural centers, Drexel offers a unique co-operative education program and commitment to experiential learning along with numerous community and research initiatives.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three references that include the name, title, address and telephone number of the references by email to Paul Jerue, firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2014.
The Mandell Theater is a 424 seat proscenium theater and is the primary performance venue for performances by the Theater, Music, and Dance programs here at Drexel University. Mandell Theater is also used for Drexel University events and special presentations by outside organizations. Schedule permitting, Mandell Theater is available for rental outside of the Academic Quarters. The theater is ADA compliant and has listening enhancement devices. The Mandell Theater scene shop also serves as the build space for Drexel Theatre Program's Black Box Theater. The Black Box is a smaller, more intimate venue with flexible seating.