IT Support Specialist
Within the Antionette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design a successful candidate will be able to serve a dual role of IT Support Specialist as well as Westphal College Print Center Manager. In the capacity of IT Support Specialist we seek a self motivated, problem solver to manage the college's computer labs, audio-visual equipment, and information systems with the ability to work both independently and in a team setting. In the capacity of Westphal College Print Center Manager the ideal candidate will manage a team of ten or more work study and student employees in a retail environment to ensure the consistent operation of the college print center. This includes interviewing and hiring, scheduling, guidelines and procedures, ordering and inventory, training and management of staff and equipment with a strong focus on customer service as well as effective written and verbal communication with faculty, staff and students.
Back to top
- Bachelors degree required in related field, and or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relevant experience in heavy printing environment preferred
- 1 yr relevant experience in user support services, software/hardware maintenance, computer security, or general computer administration in a Mac and PC environment
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting software/ hardware problems in a Mac and PC environment.
- Advanced computer literacy in a Mac and PC environment, basic understanding of network technology
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are also required
- Experience managing a staff of 3 or more individuals and ability to work in faced pace environment
- Experience with large format plotting
- Experience with Autodesk, Adobe Creative Suite
Back to top
- Continually ensuring and optimizing computer related services/ information systems with a focus on end user experience
- Build,manage and maintain Westphal IT Work Study Program and Westphal College Print Center to ensure all needs of faculty students and staff are being met
- Manage college audio-visual and checkout services with assistance through Westphal IT Work Study program
- Provide training to faculty, staff and students through hands on training as well as written and multimedia tutorials
- Other duties as assigned
Back to top
Supplemental Posting Information
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic. Please visit our website to view all University Policies and Workplace Postings.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.
Back to top
Apply for this Posting
Apply online at drexeljobs.com; Requisition Number: 6265.