Vision 2020 is a national coalition of organizations and individuals united in their commitment to achieve women's economic and social equality. It was developed by the Institute for Women's Health and Leadership at Drexel University College of Medicine that works with affiliated organizations to advance the issues most important to women. These goals are the result of the October Congress that convened in Philadelphia on October 21-22, 2010.
Vision 2020's Campaign for Equality will work to achieve the following five goals by the year 2020, when the centennial of women's right to vote is celebrated:
- Senior Leadership: to increase the number of women in senior leadership positions
- Pay Equity: advance women's economic security and achieve pay equity
- Family-Friendly Workplace: promote family-friendly workplace policies
- Youth Education: educate young people to value gender equality, shared leadership, and civic engagement
- Voter Mobilization: engage and educate women voters and increase women's participation in the political process
Vision 2020 Delegates are implementing State Initiatives across the country to advance these five goals. Learn more about the State Initiatives.