Increasing the Number of Women
on Corporate Boards in Tennessee
Delegate: Patricia Pierce
Delegate: Yvonne Wood
As part of their Vision 2020 State Initiative, Pierce and Wood have set a goal to increase the number of women on corporate boards in Tennessee. The methodology will include:
• Educating the public regarding the need for more women on corporate boards.
• Working with local women’s organizations and education institutes to study this issue.
• Providing support and direction for women interested in serving on boards; communicate with Tennessee corporations regarding the need for more women on corporate boards as well as providing names of potential board members.
• Recognizing women who serve on corporate boards in Tennessee and corporations that have more than two women serving on their corporate board.
• Developing a template to share with other states interested in a women on boards project.
Learn more about Patricia Pierce and Yvonne Wood by reading their full bios.