In This Issue|
Who's Doing What
Office of University Relations
3141 Chestnut St.
Main Building 310
Philadelphia, PA 19104
College of Law Approved by Commonwealth
The Drexel University College of Law’s application to the Pennsylvania Department of Education has been approved and the College will officially open in August 2006, announced President Papadakis. The University’s Board of Trustees gave the College its final authorization at its meeting on September 28.
The College has begun its marketing campaign and recruitment of students for its inaugural class. Following the approval, the Philadelphia Planning Commission cleared plans to build a $13 million, 44,000-square-foot facility to house the College on Market Street between 33rd and 34th streets, adjacent to the University’s W.W. Hagerty Library. Additionally, Carl “Tobey” Oxholm III, who has led the development of the College as senior vice president and general counsel, has been named senior vice president for the Drexel Law Center.
The College — the Philadelphia region’s first new law school in 30 years — has received the support of the region’s legal community. Duane Morris LLP, one of the nation’s 100 largest law firms, will donate 6,000 law books to the University. The Delaware Valley chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel (DELVACCA) will work with Drexel as part of the chapter’s law school initiative, allowing the College to develop its co-op program with DELVACCA member corporations; and the Justinian Society of Philadelphia will lend its support to the College.
The Office of Enrollment Management has scheduled the following College of Law information sessions for this fall:
• October 20, 5:30 p.m., Marriott Boston Copley Hotel, Boston
• October 27, 5:30 p.m., Renaissance Mayflower Hotel, Washington, D.C.
• November 2, 4 p.m., Paul Peck Alumni Center
• November 5-6, Bellet Building, Center City Hahnemann Campus (special LSAT prep course and information session for Drexel students and alumni)
• November 8, 5:30 p.m., the Atlanta Marriott Marquis
• December 6, 6 p.m., the New York Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York City
• December 7, noon, Paul Peck Alumni Center
• December 28, 4 p.m., Paul Peck Alumni Center
An information session for Drexel students was held on the University City Main Campus on September 29.
To register for an information session, call
215-895-1-LAW. For College of Law updates, visit www.drexel.edu/law.