Information on Graduating
Students Who Were Awarded Degrees in the Preceding Summer, Fall or Winter Terms
- Students who completed their degree requirements and received diplomas in the summer '10, fall '10 or winter '11 terms are eligible to take part in Commencement
- If you graduated in a previous term, you should not file an Application for Degree form through DrexelOne or a Walkthrough form.
Application for Degree Form
- If you are planning to receive a degree in the spring term, you must have filed an Application for Degree form with the Office of the University Registrar. The deadline for submitting this form via DrexelOne was February 15. If you have not filed this form, please do so immediately, as this is what enables you to be a degree candidate and initiates the ordering of your diploma.
- If you did not meet the deadline, your name will not appear in the Commencement program.
- Grades for degree candidates are due on Wednesday, June 15 at noon.
- Degree clearing will take place June 13-24.
- A representative from each department will meet with a member of the University Registrar staff to clear students academically for graduation.
- If you have questions, please contact AskDrexel by visiting http://ask.drexel.edu.
- The ability to participate in Commencement activities, or "walk through," is available to students who will not have met their degree requirements by the end of spring term and are not degree candidates for spring term. An application to participate in Commencement activities is available via the SRC website under Graduation Information. After your advisor has signed your form, it should be returned to the SRC.
- "Walkthrough" students will not receive a diploma until the term in which all requirements are met and they are officially cleared for graduation.
- Their names will not appear in this year's Commencement program.
- Walkthrough students are not considered degree candidates and therefore are not exempt from final exams in the spring
- To be eligible for walkthrough status, the following must apply:
- You are a full-time student, within 20 credits of completing requirements, and you will complete your remaining credits by the end of the summer or fall term following Commencement.
- You are a part-time student, within 12 credits of completing requirements, and you will complete your remaining credits by the end of the summer or fall term following Commencement.
- You are completing a thesis or dissertation, you have defended your work (Ph.D. candidates must submit their D-7s to the Office of Graduate Studies by June 2) and are within two weeks of forwarding the completed dissertation copy to Hagerty Library.
- You do not have a thesis requirement, you are within six credits of completing your degree requirements at the end of the spring term and will complete all the assignments by the end of the summer term following Commencement.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (G.P.A.) of 2.0
- Completion of all required courses
- Completion of required Drexel Co-op Units (for Co-op students only)
- No outstanding/incomplete grades (includes grades that were not reported [NGR], In-Progress [INP], or Incomplete [INC])
- Senior Privilege affords a student a one-time opportunity to make up a failing grade in a required course by taking an additional final examination.
- Please refer to the Senior Privilege policy located at http://www.drexel.edu/provost/registrar/seniorprivilege.asp
- Senior Privilege does not exempt students from attending class or taking final exams in courses for which they are enrolled during the last term of their senior year.
- Senior Privilege forms can be obtained via the SRC website.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (G.P.A.) of 3.0
- Completion of all required courses
- No outstanding/incomplete grades (includes grades that were not reported [NGR], In-Progress [INP], or Incomplete [INC]).
- If you are in a master's degree program that requires a thesis to be submitted to the Hagerty Library, you must complete thesis formatting prior to library submission. Information about thesis formatting can be found at www.library.drexel.edu/services/thesisbinding.html.
For Doctoral Degree Students
- Clearance for doctoral degrees is granted by the Office of Graduate Studies. Clearing will take place between May 30 and June 3.
- If you will be graduating in the spring term and plan to attend a Commencement ceremony on June 10 or 11, you must complete all requirements and submit your completion form to the Office of Graduate Studies no later than June 3 at 3 p.m. (This assumes dissertation defense, formal review, submission to Hagerty Library and submission of all grades by that date. For information about thesis formatting and doctoral student graduation checklists, visit www.drexel.edu/graduatestudies/audience/graduating/doctoral/html.)
- Doctoral degree candidates who will be participating in Commencement should make arrangements with their faculty advisors to attend the ceremony. The Office of Graduate Studies will be sending more information on the Commencement ceremony as well as the hooding ceremony.
Note: Diplomas will not be conferred to students who have outstanding financial obligations to the University.