Undergraduate Research Grants
The Office of Undergraduate Research is able to support student researchers who have been accepted to present their work at local, national, and international conferences. Students who have been accepted to present work at such events can submit applications for partial travel funding. We are able to offer up to $250 in reimbursements for students traveling to conferences that are less than 2,500 miles away and up to $500 in reimbursements for students traveling to conferences that are more than 2,500 miles away (or in international locations).
With our funding, students have been able to attend conferences such as:
- the American Institute of Chemical Engineers’ National Conference (Atlanta, GA)
- the Joint Meeting of Ichthyologists & Herpetologists (Chattanooga, TN)
- the PMI Research & Education Conference (Portland, OR)
- the American Biophysical Society Conference (Baltimore, MD)
- the Mid-Atlantic Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (College Park, MD)
- the Joint Journalism & Communication in History Conference (New York, NY)
Students who are awarded funding are responsible for retaining and submitting original receipts with their names and method of payment up to (or in excess of) the amount they have been awarded in order to receive their reimbursement.
Download a grant application