What is the High School Scholars Program?
The High School Scholars Program is a highly selective program that allows high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors to register for college courses – on a space-available basis – at Drexel University’s University City Campus while completing high school. Applicants must demonstrate the responsibility and maturity expected of university students, and have the approval of their high school guidance counselor to participate. It is important to note that this is NOT a dual-enrollment program; the High School Scholars program does not offer high school credit through college courses.
- Drexel University adheres to a 10-week term schedule with Final Exams occurring during week 11.
- High School Scholars may register for ONE (1) course per term (up to 4 courses per year).
- High School Scholars attend regular University courses with current full-time Drexel students, and must meet the same requirements as other Drexel students in the class.
- High School Scholars earn college credit for courses completed with a passing grade and receive an official Drexel University transcript.
- High School Scholars must earn a 'B' grade or better in order to remain in good standing with the High School Scholars Program.
Registering for a Course:
Because High School Scholars are placed in University courses with college students, registration takes place after all current Drexel students have been registered for courses. Therefore, High School Scholars are not guaranteed enrollment into any course. Enrollment into a particular course is dependent upon available space.
High School Scholars may choose courses listed under:
- The College of Arts and Sciences
- LeBow College of Business
- Goodwin College of Professional Studies
- No Online courses
- No Saturday courses
- High School Scholars can only take courses listed without prerequisites or specific restrictions
- Scores from Advanced Placement exams or credit earned at other colleges/universities will NOT count for prerequisites through the High School Scholars Program
To view courses, visit the Term Master Schedule. For any questions about eligibility for certain courses, please contact the High School Scholars Program staff.
New High School Scholars:
Welcome to the High School Scholars Program.
Please download your welcome packet here