Application & Guidelines
The application for the STAR Program for Summer 2016 is now closed.
To be eligible to apply for the STAR Scholars Program, students must:
- Be a freshman
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better; strong preference will be given to students with a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or better
- Have an interest in research and be willing to commit to 40 hours/week of research for 10 weeks over the summer while residing in campus housing (provided by STAR)
To submit a complete application, students must:
Download Recommendation Form
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all elements of his/her application (including the faculty recommendation) have been submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Research prior to the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- No exceptions will be made for students who miss the deadline.
- 2016 STAR Scholars will be expected to be involved in research for the entire summer term (June 20, 2016 – August 29, 2016).