For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Frequently Asked Questions

Transferring Credits

Will I be assigned an advisor? How will this advisor assist me throughout my time at Drexel?

All accepted students are assigned an academic advisor. This advisor will assist students through the transfer credit evaluation process as well as assist in the planning of coursework. Students are required to register for classes through their academic advisor for the first term at Drexel. After the first term, students have the option to go through their academic advisor for registration or register for classes on their own.

What is the maximum number of credits that I will be able to transfer into Drexel?

Students who have attended a regionally accredited institution have the ability to transfer up to 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits (approximately half a degree). In unique situations, transfer students may be allowed to transfer in additional credits at the discretion of their academic advisor.

How do I know if the classes I have taken are transferable?

Students can check if their credits are transferable on We have select programs of study available to give students an idea of what may transfer into Drexel; however, an official credit evaluation is provided once students have been admitted into Drexel by the academic advisor to their program of study. For a credit to transfer there must be considerable overlap between the course taken at their institution and the required course at Drexel. Additionally, courses in which a student has achieved lower than a "C" are not eligible for transfer.

Can I transfer into Drexel with a GED?

Students with a GED are required to have at least 24 college level credits from a regionally accredited institution to be considered for admission.

How long will it take for me to complete my bachelor's degree at Drexel if I am bringing in some credits?

Depending upon the number of transfer credits, the co-op option that a student selects, and academic major, degree completion can vary. However, generally speaking, a student can expect to graduate within two to three years if approximately 50 to 60 credits are transferred.

Is my school regionally accredited?

To view a complete list of regionally accredited institutions, please refer to the Council of Higher Education Accreditation.

Application Process

How long will it take for me to receive an admission decision?

Once an application file is complete, it usually takes two to four weeks for a decision to be rendered. For Nursing Accelerated Career Entry (ACE) applicants, it usually takes four to six weeks for a decision to be rendered.

How many transfer students does Drexel accept each year/term?

Drexel accepts several hundred transfer students each year and the number of students transferring into each major varies program to program. For the fall 2012, Drexel accepted 900 transfer students.

Can I transfer into an accelerated degree program?

Transfer students are not eligible to transfer directly into an accelerated degree program. However, transfer students can consider the Early Assurance program if they are interested in entering one of our accelerated programs. For more information about the Early Assurance program please visit the Pre-Professional Advising website.

What application materials are required for a transfer student?

Refer to the Transfer Application Instructions for a list of required materials.

Do I need to send transcripts from all universities I attended?

Yes. We require applicants to send official transcripts from all universities previously attended.

What are the admission requirements for a transfer student?

Our admission office takes a holistic approach when reviewing transfer applications. Many factors are considered when reviewing applicants' files, including the full range of their academic achievements, including: GPA, course patterns, most recent coursework, major, and essay.

I am an international student. What do I need to do to transfer into Drexel University?

Refer to the International Application Instructions for a list of required materials.

Do I need to take the TOEFL?

TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores are required for applicants to all Nursing programs who are born outside of the United States. To waive this requirement, you must show that you have attended four years of high school and received a diploma in the United States, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, or the United Kingdom.

All other international transfer applicants whose native language is not English must take the TOEFL or IELTS unless the applicant has completed 24 college-level credits with English I and II earning a grade of C or better from a regionally accredited institution.

How can I check my application status?

You can check the status of your application by visiting the Discover Drexel Portal. You will need your Student ID and PIN to access your application information.

Note: Information on Discover Drexel reflects what has been processed into our system. It will not reflect materials that we have received but have not yet processed.

Where can I submit my documents electronically?

Please refer to the Transfer Application Instructions for detailed instructions on how to submit individual items.

Where can I mail my application materials?

Please refer to the Transfer Application Instructions for our mailing addresses.

Scholarships and Financial Aid

Is financial aid available for transfer students?

Financial Aid is available to transfer students who are applying to a full-time program. See Financial Information for Prospective Undergraduate Transfer Students for more information.

Drexel Co-op

How many co-ops can I complete as a transfer student?

Depending on the number of credits transferred in, transfer students have the opportunity to participate in one or three co-ops. In some instances, transfer students have the ability to participate in two co-ops. If a student wants the most co-ops possible, he or she should apply for the Three Co-op (five years) option. If eligible, students work with academic advisors to determine if more than one co-op is possible.

Student Life

What kinds of campus resources are available to transfer students?

See our Transfer Students page for information and links to campus organizations.

Is there a new student orientation for confirmed transfer students?

New student orientation is held for transfer students who begin their studies in the fall term. Details can be found on the Orientation website.

Will I be able to live on campus?

Housing for transfer students is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Transfer students are not guaranteed housing, but every effort is made to accommodate housing requests.

What if I am a veteran or on active military duty?

We've collected a list of resources for veterans and military personnel on active duty. Please see our Admissions Information for Veterans page.