Campus Resources for International Students
International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS)
ISSS offers a vast array of programs and services to our more than 1,800 international students, scholars, and faculty. ISSS works to promote meaningful interaction between United States citizens and the nationals of other countries by organizing cultural enrichment opportunities for all members of Drexel and the community at large. A student's affiliation with the ISSS office begins immediately after the admission process and continues well beyond graduation. ISSS staff can advise international students and scholars on paralegal, academic, financial, cultural, and personal concerns, and make appropriate referrals when necessary. Among its services, ISSS:
- Conducts quarterly Orientation programs
- Issues visa-eligibility documents to students, visiting international faculty, and researchers
- Authorizes employment for Drexel Co-op and Career Integrated Education (CIE)
- Assists non-immigrant international students and scholars in complying with immigration and federal requirements
- Offers a wide range of workshops on a variety of issues
- Assists students with finding housing
In addition, ISSS has created avenues for exploring and enhancing the social, cultural, and educational facets of a diverse community, including Orientation programs and social support groups for spouses of students and scholars.
English Language Center
The Drexel English Language Center (ELC) provides English language instruction and support services to ESL learners through a variety of programs and services. Classes are open to all members of the Drexel community.
- 6- and 11-week Intensive English courses for beginning to advanced-level students
- Pre-academic coursework and opportunities for university study
- Pre-MBA Business English (GLOBE) courses for university graduates and business professionals
- Special topic, elective, and University classes for Drexel international students and others who can only study a few hours a week
- Individualized and small-group instruction for international medical professionals focusing on spoken English language skills
- Preparation for TOEFL, IELTS, and other academic and professional exams
Drexel ELC is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA). It is also a member of the consortium of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP), and hosts the headquarters of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP).