The Drexel Student Health Center (DSHC) offers comprehensive services for students in an effort to support the academic and social well-being of our students. We work in conjunction with other offices on campus, such as the Counseling Center, and our goal is to keep you healthy so you can successfully complete your course of study at Drexel, and to assist you in developing a healthy lifestyle. College health affects not only the present but also the future health of students.
Student Health Center services are available to full-time and part-time students who are enrolled in classes for the current quarter in which services are needed. If you are on a leave of absence, have recently graduated or are a Drexel employee, we will be happy to see you at Drexel Family Medicine University City, at 3401 Market Street, phone number: 215-220-4720.
Services at the Student Health Center
Call 215.220.4700 for an appointment
- Sick visits
- Women's health care such as Well Woman care, PAP smears, birth control, and pregnancy testing
- Physical exams for co-op, a Driver's License, Study Abroad, etc.
- Enhanced sports medicine care
- Confidential STD testing
- Allergy shots (storage on-site is available)
- Travel and routine immunizations
- Tuberculosis screening
- Refills of ADHD medications when documentation (on physician letterhead) of diagnosis and current treatment regimen is provided by current prescriber
- Free condoms
Health Notes / Excused Class Absence Policy
The Student Health Center will not provide notes to excuse absences for students missing class or exams due to their visit to the Health Center, or because they are experiencing an illness. Please be aware that you may request a copy of your encounter form as proof of your visit to the DSHC, which satisfies the class attendance policy for most courses.
Other Area Services
Local Emergency Rooms
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center: located at 39th Street and Powelton Avenue
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP): located at 34th and Spruce streets, they offer fast track services (available 12 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Hahnemann University Hospital: located at the corner of Broad and Vine streets, they offer fast track services (available 11 am to 11 p.m., Monday thru Saturday). The Drexel shuttle to Center City campus located at 33rd and Market streets runs every 15 minutes from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
In Case of Sexual Assault
Call 911 or the Drexel Police at 215.895.2222, and they will direct you to the appropriate sexual assault center for evaluation. Also, please consider calling the Office of Support & Intervention Services at 215.895.0353 for additional support needs.
For Psychological Emergencies
During normal business hours call the Drexel Counseling Center at 215.895.1415. After hours and on weekends, there is an on-call counselor available for emergencies at 215.416.3337.
If you have a prescription plan, the appropriate card should be shown prior to filling a prescription. Prescriptions can be filled at most area pharmacies, though please be aware that some insurance plans may not be accepted by the pharmacy.
Several national pharmacy chains are located in University City and Center City including:
|Bell Apothecary Inc
4014 Lancaster Ave
4314 Locust St
3915 Walnut St
3401 Walnut St
|New Girard Pharmacy
4000 W Girard Ave
Rite Aid Pharmacy
4055 Walnut Street
Rite Aid Pharmacy
4641 Chestnut Street