Making an Appointment
Visits to the Drexel Student Health Center (DSHC) are by appointment. Students who are sick are encouraged to contact us as early in the day as possible in order to receive same day services.
Call: 215-220-4700 for an appointment
If you have never been to the DSHC before, please plan to arrive 15 minutes early in order to complete the necessary paperwork. You can also print the forms ahead of time so you can complete them and bring them to your visit. Please select the "Pre-Visit Forms" link to the left.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Valid Dragon Card (student ID)
- Cash, check, Dragon Dollars, or credit card for cost of visit
- Private insurance card
Cost of Visit
- Women's Care Center (WCC) offers a low cost/sliding fee option for birth control, STD screening, treatment, and PAP smears. Their fees will vary based on the student's income. These services are offered Monday and Wednesday evenings at DSHC from 5:00-8:00 pm; see the Women's Care link on left.
- Reduced cost STD screening for men and women is also available during WCC hours, between 5:00-6:00 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays at DSHC.
For additional information go to Student Billing
- Payment is due at time of service.
- Please know your insurance coverage for processing 'lab-work'. LabCorp or Quest Diagnostic services will bill your insurance for processing blood tests, throat cultures, etc.
- If you need X-Rays, CT scans, MRIs etc. You will be referred off campus for these types of tests. Coverage for these services is dependent on your health insurance plan.
- If indicated you will be referred to Specialty services, e.g. Neurology, Psychiatry, GI, Cardiology, Orthopedics, etc that are available off campus. Coverage for these services is dependent on your health insurance plan.