New Student Days
September 15 - 21, 2014
New Student Days is the official welcome week for new students entering Drexel in the fall term. New Student Days events allow students to build relationships with others who are in the same academic program and who live in their community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Students who attended Summer Orientation in July and August may move-in to their fall housing assignment on Tuesday, Sept. 16; Wednesday, Sept. 17; or Thursday, Sept. 18.
Early move-in fees may apply.
You will receive an email from University Housing with move-in instructions in mid-August. Please sign up for a move-in date using the information in that email.
Visit the University Housing website for more information about move-in.
Commuter students are encouraged to attend Commuter Connection Day on Thursday, Sept. 18 and the Commuter Town Hall Meeting on Friday, Sept. 19. Both programs are designed to help transition undergraduate, first year commuter students to campus and engage you in the Drexel community.
Visit the Commuter Connection Day website for more information.
Yes, while most New Student Days events are optional, there are several events that all new students must attend. Most mandatory events occur on Friday, Sept. 19. Mandatory events are outlined below:
- Residence Hall Floor Meetings (8 p.m. on the day you move-in).
- College/School Welcome Events (various dates & times depending on your college)
- Public Safety Information Sessions (Friday, Sept. 19)
- New Student Induction Ceremony (Friday, Sept. 19)
Other than receptions hosted by a few colleges and schools, most parents and families help their student get moved in to the residence hall and leave them to participate in the events scheduled that day.
Shuttles to local grocery and home goods stores are scheduled throughout New Student Days, so take advantage of this service to pick up any last minute items.
New Student Days Schedule
The 2014 New Student Days schedule is still being finalized. Please download the 2013 New Student Days schedule for an idea of what to expect.
Below is an outline of the events planned for this year:
- Residence Hall Move-In: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 16 - Thursday, Sept. 18
- Hypnotist, Brian Imbus: 9 - 11 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 17
- Commuter Connection Day: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 18
- Night on the Row Block Party: 9 - 11 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 18
- College/School Welcome Events: TBA
- New Student Induction Ceremony: 4 - 5 p.m., Friday, Sept. 19
- Experience Philadelphia!: Saturday, Sept. 20
- Class Schedule Tours: 1 - 4 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 21
- Movie on the Lawn: dusk, Sunday, Sept. 21
Hillel's Early Move-In Program: Jewniversity 101 (September 16-18)
Jewniversity 101 offers a unique opportunity for students interested in learning about, and getting involved in Jewish life at Drexel to build relationships with other new and returning students all while getting to know Drexel's campus and the city of Philadelphia. For more information and to register please visit the Jewniversity website.
First Day of Classes: Monday, Sept. 22
Welcome Back Week events continue throughout week 1 of the fall term, including Activities Unlimited (Wednesday, April 2), Drexel Night at Citizen's Bank Park (Friday, Sep. 26), and Campus Philly College Day (Saturday, Sep. 27).
The academic calendar includes all academic deadlines, University holidays, and exam weeks so you can make travel and holiday plans throughout the year.
Office of New Student and Family Programs
Orientation Hotline: 215.895.1451