For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Welcome to Drexel University!

We are excited to meet you on campus. Please read the following International Student Handbook containing important information to help you arrive in the U.S. to begin your life at Drexel. Also, please look to our Important Dates and Deadlines tab for information on important timelines.

In the meantime, we would like to provide you with all the information you need to be in compliance with federal immigration regulations. Please read below for information on starting your F-1 or J-1 application process. For all other visa types, please visit here.

How to start the I-20/DS-2019 application process

You will be required to submit I-20/DS-2019 application documents in order to be issued an I-20/DS-2019.  For the fastest processing times, we ask that you submit electronic/scanned documents to the following email address, based on your academic program:

LEBOW COLLEGE OF BUSINESS (Graduate Students Only)

Email (preferred):

Fax: 215.895.1725

Gerri C. LeBow Hall
3220 Market St.
4th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104


Email (preferred):
Fax: 215.895.6617


Email (preferred):
Fax: 215.895.1285

If mailing with other documents:

Drexel University
Application Processing
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2876

 1. Drexel University I-20/DS-2019 Application Form

All international students applying for a visa must fill in and complete both sides of this form and must sign. Please type your responses, print the form, and be sure to sign the back of the form (Student Statement section) and have your sponsor(s) and have your sponsor(s) sign the Affidavit of Support as well.

I-20/DS-2019 application for students
I-20/DE-2019 application form for Lebow students
I-20/DS-2019 application form for Law or Medical students
I-20/DS-2019 UPREP Form

2. Current bank letter and/or scholarship letter

Current blank letter on official bank stationery in English verifying your or your financial sponsor’s ability to provide the required funds needed to cover tuition, fees, living expenses, and housing expenses, minus any Drexel scholarship awards.  Bank statements cannot be more than six months old. As mandated by the federal immigration laws, you must be able to show the ability to pay for the expenses shown on the Drexel University ISSS website; this figure is non-negotiable. Your bank letter must include your name, Drexel ID number and date of birth; this can be hand-written on the letter.

Financial Requirements

The following list shows the minimum financial requirements to be issued an I-20 or DS-2019 through Drexel. This requirement can be fulfilled through bank statements and/or scholarships from Drexel and external sources. These figures are non-negotiable estimates and may not accurately reflect all expenses. For official tuition, fees and housing cost information, please consult Drexel Central.


 Campus  Tuition and Fees
 Living Expenses
 Philadelphia  $47,016  $14,415  $4,500  $65,931
 Sacramento  $29,682  $14,415  $4,500  $48,597
 Burlington County (BCC),
Montgomery County (MCCC),
Delaware County (DCCC)
 $30,048  $14,415  $4,500  $48,963


 Campus/Program  Tuition and Fees
Living Expenses
 Other  Total
 Philadelphia  $30,702-31,161  $14,415  $4,500  $49,617-50,076
       One-year MBA
 $64,845  $14,415  $4,500  $83,760
       One-year Accounting
 $47,835  $14,415  $4,500  $65,730
       Creative Arts Therapy
 $17,337  $14,415  $4,500  $36,252
       Public Health
 $29,622  $14,415  $4,500  $48,537
       Law  $37,398  $14,415  $4,500  $56,313
       College of Medicine
 $25,377  $14,415  $4,500  $44,292
 Sacramento  $30,702  $14,415  $4,500  $49,617

3. Passport copy

Copy of pages showing your photo ID and passport expiration date. Your passport must be valid at least four months after the start of term at Drexel.  If yours expires before then, please update it immediately, and send a scanned copy of your new passport once it is eligible to be reviewed.

CURRENT U.S. VISA HOLDERS ONLY If you currently hold a valid U.S. F-1 or J-1 visa, you are required to also provide the following two documents:

4. Current I-20/DS-2019 copy

5. Transfer-In Report form filled out by your current international student advisor

6. Current visa copy from your passport


Please note that additional documents may be needed upon the request of the International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) Office. For more information email