Spiritual and Religious Life
The Interfaith Council provides essential support to the students, faculty and staff of Drexel University in the expression, understanding and practice of faith; and cultivates mutual respect for the variety of faith traditions represented by the members of the Drexel University community. In doing so, the Interfaith Council contributes to the overall quality of campus life and serves all the members of the community as an interfaith religious presence.
The Interfaith Council is currently comprised of professional religious staff from Asbury Ministry, Baptist Campus Ministries, Hillel of Greater Philadelphia, and Newman Catholic Campus Ministry in addition laypersons from Student Affairs and Academic Affairs at the University.
- Spiritual and emotional support
- Pastoral counseling and personal guidance
- Advocacy for appropriate expression and practice of faith
- Informal programs of religious education and relationship-building among Drexel University students, faculty, and staff
- Religious and interfaith prayer services and opportunities for public expression of the various religious traditions
- Development and promotion of opportunities movements for peace, justice, and equality
- Assistance and advocacy for the formation of student religious groups
- Encourage connection with religious communities outside the campus environment
- Succinct and coherent expression of the needs, ideas, values, and opinions of the religious community
- Promotion and/or advocacy of religious life at Drexel University