The SCIC has an on‐going role in supporting the implementation of the campus‐wide celebrations for nationally recognized heritage/history months and other national and international related celebrations. The SCIC will be partnering with offices and departments though out Drexel to bring together this college wide effort.
Heritage/History month and other celebrations provide a forum where we can learn about less spoken histories and add a different perspective to the retellings of our past. Each celebration can incorporate film, cultural celebrations, and speakers to engage our local community in a much needed conversation on the existing realities of particular communities in the U.S. and internationally.
- Latino Heritage Month (Sept. 15 -Oct. 15)
- LGBT History Month (October)
- Native American and Alaska Native Heritage Month (November)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance day (Nov 20th)
- Black History Month (February)
- Women’s (Her)story Month (March)
- Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (April)
- Pride (May)
For more information about individual events please visit our Events Page.