Commuter Connection Day
Welcome to the CCD Registration page! On this website you will be able to register for Commuter Connection Day and find more information about the programs being offered during New Student Days. Plus, we have included information about renting lockers, the SEPTA 10% discount program, and much more! So, please take a look around.
Commuter Connection Day 2013
Tuesday, September 17
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Be educated further about being a commuter at Drexel
- Meet your Commuter or Transfer Assistant
- Pick-up your Cultural Passport
- Be Hypnotized by our afternoon entertainment
- Attend informative workshops to help you navigate Drexel
- Hang out with your Drexel classmates
Commuter Connection Day (CCD) is a program designed to help transition undergraduate, first year commuter students to campus and engage them in the Drexel community. Furthermore, CCD not only connects students to campus, but provides fun and educational programs designed to provide practical knowledge on how to successfully navigate Drexel as a commuter student.
Also, take a look through the Commuter Connection Day Schedule to see more details about what fun, informative, and interesting programs you can experience during the day. Remember, parking is FREE for New Student Days and Commuter Connection Day, so put your parking pass to use for the following! (* indicates mandatory)
Tuesday, September 17
In addition to morning workshops, meeting your CA or TA and witnessing the mysterious talents of World Renowned Hypnotist, Brian Imbus, you can participate in the following afternoon activities:
Team and Collaboration Activities at the Drexel Recreation Center – Have a great time with your fellow students playing some games provided by Drexel’s Athletics Department
Center City Experience – Travel to the other side of the Schuylkill River for an opportunity to get to know Drexel’s campus in Center City. This would be most valuable for students who will be attending class in Center City, but all are welcome
Day in the Life of a Commuter – Choose from three different campus tours and journey with a CA or TA through their action packed Day at Drexel. Student leaders will show you the ins and outs of the city, including where to eat, hang out, places to be, and much more
Traditions and Hidden Gems of Drexel University – Richard Kopp, Director of Student Leadership Development & Traditions, will give you the history, traditions, and secrets of Drexel University
Exchange Student Welcome (3 – 5 PM, mandatory for exchange students only) – located in the James E. Marks Intercultural Center Lower Level
International Student Welcome (3 – 5 PM, mandatory for international students only) – located in Mandell Theatre
Plus, you can attend the Drexel Welcomes You BBQ at 5 PM on Lancaster Walk
For more updated details on the events below, please visit the New Student Days website.
Wednesday, September 18
- No Host Lunch (11 AM – 1 PM, Location TBD) – Join Drexel student leaders and choose a great Philadelphia restaurant or Food Truck to eat lunch
- Playfair, Part 2 - If you have attended orientation, then get ready for Part II of this interactive and fun activity with your fellow Drexel students.
Thursday, September 19
- Philly Food Tours (4:30 – 7:30 PM) – Cheesesteaks, pretzels, and tasty cakes, Oh My! Choose from one of our Philly Food Tours and learn where to go in the city to get the best pretzels, gelatos, cheese steaks, and much more!
- Community Meetings: Commuter and Transfer Townhall Meeting (8 – 9 PM, Charlotte Alletag Commuter Lounge, lower level Creese) – Offered virtually in an online classroom or in-person. For those who attend in person, pizza and refreshments will be offered. More details to come. Stay tuned to your Drexel email for more details.
- Night on the Row (9 - 11 PM) - After the Commuter and Transfer Townhall Meeting, head over to Greek Row to eat, play and meet the members for Drexel's Greek Community. Public Safety will be present to escort students to 30th Street Station, Drexel Parking Garage/Lots and to students' neighborhood apartments.
Friday, September 20
- College/School Welcome Events (9 – 4 PM) – Each academic college will be hosting a welcome event. Stay tuned to the NSD website to check when and where your college/school’s will take place.
- Public Safety Info Sessions (9 – 4 PM) - When you are not in your College/School Welcome Session at one of these informative sessions on Campus and Philadelphia Safety.
- New Student Induction (4 – 5 PM, Daskalakis Athletic Center) – Join the in-coming class of 2013 for a the Drexel Tradition of Induction and receiving your Drexel Pin
- University Carnival & Cookout (5 – 8 PM, Drexel Park-32nd and Powelton)
- Drexel Night at Citizens Bank Park (7 – 10 PM) - Purchase your tickets at Orientation and join hundreds of Drexel students as they cheer on the Philadelphia Phillies against the New York Mets. A great rivalry to experience
Saturday, September 21
- Passport to the Arts Tours of Philly (9 AM - 10 PM)- Put your cultural passport to use as you can choose from a trip to the Zoo, Old City, the Philadelphia Art Museum, South Street, IKEA and much more!
- Casino Night (8 - 10 PM, Rec Center Gym) - Play your cards right and you could win prizes at this annual Casino Night hosted by Alpha Chi Rho Fraternity.
Sunday, September 22
- Class Schedule Tours (12 - 4 PM, Main Building) - Find out where your classes are and get a jump on the first week of classes.
- Movie on the Lawn: Movie is TBD (8 PM, Race Street Lawn) - Watch a movie under the stars and enjoy of film the night before classes begin