Commuter Connection Day
Thursday, Sept. 18
Commuter Connection Day (CCD) is a program designed to help transition undergraduate, first year commuter students to campus and engage them in the Drexel community. Furthermore, CCD not only connects students to campus, but provides fun and educational programs designed to provide practical knowledge on how to successfully navigate Drexel as a commuter student.
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
At Commuter Connection Day, you will:
- Be educated further about being a commuter at Drexel
- Meet your Commuter or Transfer Assistant
- Pick-up your OpenArts pass
- Be hypnotized by our afternoon entertainment
- Attend informative workshops to help you navigate Drexel
- Hang out with your Drexel classmates
Also, take a look through the Commuter Connection Day Schedule at a Glance to see more details about what fun, informative, and interesting programs you can experience during the day. Remember, parking is FREE for New Student Days and Commuter Connection Day, so put your parking pass to use for the following! (* indicates mandatory)
In addition to morning workshops, meeting your CA or TA and witnessing the mysterious talents of World Renowned Hypnotist, Brian Imbus, you can participate in the following afternoon activities:
Urban Obstacle Course (Drexel Recreation Center)– Have a great time with your fellow students playing some games provided by Drexel’s Athletics Department
- The Insider's Tour of Drexel - Choose from different campus tours and journey with a CA or TA through their action-packed Day at Drexel. Student leaders will show you the ins and outs of the city, including where to eat, hang out, places to be and much more. (Separate tours for Center City and University City campuses)
- Traditions and Hidden Gems of Drexel – Richard Kopp, Director of Student Leadership Development and Traditions, will give you the history, traditions and secrets of Drexel
- Exchange Student Welcome – 3-5:30 p.m. (mandatory for exchange students only) – located in the James E. Marks Intercultural Center Lower Level
- International Student Welcome – 3-5 p.m. (mandatory for international students only) – located in Mandell Theatre
Plus, you can attend the Night on the Row, which features our fraternities and sororities at Drexel. The event begins at 9 p.m. on Greek Row (34th and Powelton streets). Public Safety will be present to provide walking escorts to 30th Station or your apartment/car in the Drexel patrol area (30-36th streets and Chestnut to Spring Garden Streets).
New Students Days is a great way to get started at Drexel. This week hosts a multitude of activities just for you as a first year student.
In addition to Commuter Connection Day as a part of New Student Days we will be hosting a Commuter Town Hall Meeting on Friday, Sept. 19 from 2-3:30 p.m. in the Charlotte Alletag Commuter Lounge (Creese Student Center, lower level). The Town Hall will give you a chance to meet up with you Commuter or Transfer Assistant again, as well as connect with your Undergraduate Student Government Association (USGA) Commuter and Transfer Representatives. Plus, we will play our annual Commuter Quizzo where you and your team can win some fabulous prizes. Pizza will be included.
At 3:30 p.m., we will head up to the New Student Induction Ceremony in the Drexel Recreation Center which begins at 4 p.m..
If you cannot join us in person for the Town Hall, please join us online at the Commuter Town Hall Online Classroom. Just log in a half hour before the Town Hall begins.
For a full New Student Days Schedule and details, please visit the New Student Days website.