Commuter and Transfer Students
Today! Off Campus Housing 101 Workshop: Tenant Rights and Leasing
1 PM, Creese Student Center, Conference Room D
Join us online for the live webcast
Engaging Off-Campus Students through learning, community development and support
Whether you live 2 blocks or 2 hours from campus – Drexel students are supported!
Commuter and Transfer Student Engagement (CTSE) specifically serves four student populations: commuter, graduate, transfer and resimuter (off campus) students by providing student learning and engagement opportunities outside of the classroom.
CTSE focuses on five core areas:
- Orientation and Transition
- Academic Connections
Through the professional staff, and the Commuter (CA) and Transfer Assistants (TA), CTSE provides unique transition opportunities that reflect students’ future experiences on campus including orientation programs and Commuter Connection Day. In addition, CTSE utilizes appropriate technology, and the CA and TA staff to provide consistent, reliable, and timely information to students, which is personalized to each subpopulation’s experience on campus and in the local community.
To further develop community on campus, CTSE collaborates with stakeholders to provide students with convenient academic resources and programs, which allows them to interact with faculty and academic support staff; participate in transformative learning opportunities in and outside of the classroom; as well as, empowering students to educate faculty and staff about their unique needs as commuter, transfer and/or graduate student. CTSE also focuses on working with partners to provide students with suitable space and facilities, which are welcoming and meet students’ needs concerning size, accessibility, cleanliness and technology.
- Develop co-curricular learning and opportunities and programs to foster community.
- Assist off-campus students in searching for housing and resolving landlord/tenant concerns
- Communicate campus and community developments of interest to office subpopulations
- Provide and maintain commuter friendly space on campus including lounge and lockers
- Advocate for the unique needs of commuters, graduate and transfer students
- Provide transition programs to prepare students to successfully navigate Drexel