Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC)
The Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC) exists to subsidize the initiatives, goals, and activities of Drexel student organizations and Student Affairs by allocating student activity fees and educating student organization leaders about fiscal responsibility. SAFAC applies consistent unbiased funding decisions to represent the interests of Drexel undergraduate students and enhances campus life by supporting the educational mission of Drexel University.
SAFAC stands for the "Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee". This committee consists of 17 full-time undergraduate students, 1 staff liaison from the Division of Student Affairs, and the SAFAC Advisor. The committee exists to distribute student activity fees collected each year to recognized student organizations at Drexel University. The student portion of the committee consists of:
- 14 students chosen through an application process (13 liaisons, 1 chair)
- 1 representative from the USGA (generally the Student Organization Representative)
- 1 Club Sports Council liaison (chosen by the Club Sports Council)
- 1 Fraternity & Sorority Life liaison (chosen by the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life)
Student organizations should familiarize themselves with SAFAC by reviewing all materials listed within the SAFAC website at www.drexel.edu/safac.
The Good Idea Fund Committee awards student activity fee funds toward individual student, faculty, and staff ideas for student life and campus-based initiatives that engage the undergraduate student body.
Goals of The Good Idea Fund:
- Enable individual student, faculty, and staff ideas to benefit the undergraduate student body
- Engage undergraduate students within the Drexel University community through the implementation of their ideas
- Provide a diverse array of student-created programs, events and projects for the undergraduate student body
The Good Idea Fund is eager to fund and support events and programs for 2012-2013. All applications should be submitted approximately four weeks in advance of the proposed event date, program, or project. Submit all completed Good Idea Fund Applications to Goodideafund@gmail.com.