Departments and Services
The Office of Student Affairs encourages involvement in campus life, supports student initiatives and organizations, and serves as a primary liaison for all students. Since education, learning and development
takes place both inside and outside of the classroom, and a successful college career includes social as well as intellectual development; we challenge you to invest in your own success...get involved!
Student Affairs at Drexel makes a positive difference in a student's campus experience. Whether students attend classes on the Center City Campus, the University City Campus or commute to campus,
Student Affairs offers programs and services that are designed to help students make the most of their Drexel experience.
The co-curricular opportunities Student Affairs provides can assist with development of:
- Time Management
- Communication Skills
- People/Networking Skills
- Diverse Collaboration
Student Affairs Departments and Services:
Campus Engagement - Campus Engagement oversees the many aspects of connecting students to the Drexel University community by providing
opportunities for engagement.
- Campus Activities – provides students with an enriched collegiate experience through meaningful opportunities to learn and develop leadership,
interpersonal, programming, and organizational skills so that they may connect and contribute to the University community.
- Student Affairs on the Center City Campus (CCC) - is an extension of the Office of Campus Activities that coordinates programs
and services to engage students.
- Student Leadership & Development - provides the necessary leadership skills that students need to develop to succeed personally and professionally through programs
such as CEO: Creating Excellent Organizations.
- Commuter & Transfer Programs and Services - serves three student populations: commuter, transfer and resimuter (off-campus) students by
providing student learning and engagement opportunities outside of the classroom.
- Fraternity & Sorority Life – oversees the recognition process and policies that govern the fraternity and sorority community. Fraternity
& Sorority Life provides leadership development opportunities and works closely with each organization, national office and alumni members to build a unified and respected community that honors and upholds the
long-standing traditions of Drexel University through excellence in friendship, leadership, service, and scholarship.
- Off-Campus Housing - provides resources and services to assist students as they navigate through the entire process of moving and living off-campus.
- New Student & Family Programs - provides quality programs and services that enhance the first year experience at Drexel University and coordinates New Student Orientation, New Student Days, Family Weekend, and the Drexel Family Association.
Center for Academic Success (CC) – provides tutoring and educational support to students in their efforts to achieve their academic goals.
Counseling & Health – provides support to students with personal, physical, and psychological challenges that interfere
with their ability to complete their
academic goals; educate students to embrace good health practices; offer programs and services which help students maintain good health, and functions as a resource for faculty and staff.
- Counseling & Health (UC) - provides free, confidential counseling services provided by mental health professionals to currently enrolled
full-time undergraduate and graduate students on the University City Campus.
- Student Counseling Center (CC) - provides free, confidential counseling services and testing assessment to currently enrolled full-time
undergraduate and graduate students that attend the majority of classes on the Center City Campus.
- Health Insurance & Immunizations - provides important information regarding compliance with Drexel
University's Health Insurance and Immunization Policies.
- Student Health Center –provides health services in a confidential environment. Whether students need allergy shots or immunizations,
treatment for women's health issues or sports medicine, the Health Center is available to help students maintain a quality lifestyle.
- Victim Support & Intervention Services - provides victims of crime, physical trauma
or injury access to high quality, community appropriate,
victim-centered services. Services are provided to students, faculty and staff.
- Alcohol, Other Drug and Health Education - The C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Center is the place to visit for a variety of
interactive, creative, informational, student
driven programs that engage students in conversation on significant issues surrounding alcohol and other drugs.
- Peer Counseling - provides a free and confidential anonymous helpline staffed by volunteer
students who provide support, referrals and a listening ear to all Drexel undergraduates and graduate students.
International Students and Scholars Services - advises international students, scholars and faculty on immigration,
cultural, financial, academic and personal concerns.
Student Center for Inclusion & Culture – develops programs and advises student groups promoting intercultural understanding, interaction and dialogue.
Interfaith Council - provides support to the students, faculty and staff in the expression, understanding and practice of faith.
The Interfaith Council also cultivates mutual respect for the variety of faith traditions represented at the University.
New Student & Family Programs - provides students and their families with information and resources to make the transition to
Drexel University successful through programs such as New Student Orientation, New Student Days, Welcome Back Week and the Drexel Family Association.
Residential Living – provides members of the residential community at Drexel with opportunities to maximize community and campus engagement,
involvement, and co-curricular growth.
Student Conduct & Community Standards – provides programs and services to develop, disseminate, interpret and enforce campus rules and regulations through an educational, developmental
student conduct process.