Jesse Ballenger, PhD
Associate Teaching Professor of Health Administration
Curriculum Vitae: Download (PDF)
- PhD, History, Case Western Reserve University, 2000
- MA, History, Case Western Reserve University, 1994
- BA, History, Kent State University, 1989
- Healthcare, Medicine and Ethics
- Aging and Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Science and Technology Studies
- Volume co-editor, with Peter J. Whitehouse, et al. Treating Dementia: Do We Have a Pill for It? Johns Hopkins University Press, 2009.
- Self, Senility and Alzheimer’s Disease in Modern America: A History. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2006.
- Volume co-editor, with Peter J. Whitehouse and Konrad Maurer. Concepts of Alzheimer Disease: Biological, Clinical and Cultural Perspectives. Johns Hopkins University Press, 2000.
- “The Evolving Classification of Dementia: Placing the DSM-V in a Meaningful Historical and Cultural Context and Pondering the Future of “Alzheimer's.” Co-author with Daniel George and Peter Whitehouse, Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry, 35(3): 417-435, 2011.
- “Progress in the History of Alzheimer’s Disease: The Importance of Context.” Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease. 9(3 Suppl):5-13, 2006.
- “Beyond ‘Progress’ in the History of Alzheimer Disease.” Co-author with Peter J. Whitehouse and James Lindemann Nelson. [Editorial] Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders, 13: 130-31, 1999.