Roger Geertz Gonzalez, Ph.D.
Associate Clinical Professor
One Drexel Plaza, Suite 230
M.S., Higher Education, Harrisburg, PA
Ed.D., Educational Leadership and Management, Harrisburg, PA
Ph.D. in Higher Education, Cognate in Political Science, and Minor in Comparative/International Education, The Pennsylvania State University
Areas of Expertise:
- College Student Civic Engagement
- College Student Identity Development
- Indigenous Higher Education
- Latinos and Higher Education
- Comparative Higher Education Access Policies. Areas/Countries of Research Focus: North America, Latin America, Europe, Japan, and Oceania
- Geertz González, R. (2012). Same and different: Latino college students’ perceptions about themselves and others on campus. Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, 12, 1, 3-22.
- Geertz González, R. (2012). Turkish German access to higher education: An historical, democracy theory policy analysis: 1960-2010. Intercultural Education, 23, 2, 105-117.
- Geertz González, R. (2011). Political awareness and engagement among Latinas/os at an urban, commuter college campus. Journal of Civic Commitment, 17, 1-13.
- Geertz González, R. (2010). Ethnic Identity at a Hispanic Serving Institution. Journal of Latinos and Education, 9, 4, 284-302.
- Geertz González, R. & Colangelo, P. (2010). The development of Indigenous higher education: A comparative, historical analysis of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the U.S., 1880-2005. Journal of American Indian Education, 29, 3, 3-23.