School Principal Certifications
The School of Education offers two options for obtaining School Principal Certification within the M.S. in Educational Administration program:
Please note that the School Principal Certification may be taken as a stand-alone program provided requirements are met.
Certification Requirements for School Principal Certifications
PA Administrative Certificate, Principal K–12 requires verification that the candidate has completed three years of relevant professional experience. Following satisfactory completion of the following, Drexel will make a formal recommendation for PA Administrative Certificate, Principal K–12:
- Completion of all graduate-level courses with a minimum grade of “B”
- Submission of the student’s Program Completion Survey
- Certification candidates are required to take the School Leaders Licensure Assessment exam, test code 6011 (computer-based only). PDE reserves the right to change the required Praxis Exam for Principal Certification. Please check PDE's website before registering for any exam required by PDE to ensure that your registration meets PDE's current requirements.
Leadership Portfolio Requirement
The performances for meeting Pennsylvania leadership standards and National Leadership Standards include a leadership portfolio with the following requirements:
- Four log reflections explaining growth over each term
- Evidence of 600 hours across four terms logged in the internship
- Logs over 48 weeks
- Four term goal statements and reflections on accomplishments
- Two to three artifacts on each of the ELCC standards totaling 14 to 21 or more artifacts
- An explanation of how each artifact shows application of skill on each identified standard
- Four evaluations on the ELCC Standards and Drexel Competencies completed by the school site supervising principal.