Developing a Creative Resume
Whether you are a co-op student, graduating senior, or alumni, you may want to consider developing a creative resume in addition to a more traditional style resume. Employers now spend only 6 seconds on average viewing a resume. By incorporating a few simple ideas, your creative resume can help you stand out in a fiercely competitive hiring climate.
- Use Resources and Sample, many from real students and successful job seekers.
- For review of your creative resume:
- Co-op students - contact your co-op coordinator
- Seniors and alumni - contact Steinbright career services counselors
- Ask faculty members and industry contacts for their advice and opinion
It’s not for every situation. If you are in a very conservative field or applying to a company with a strong traditional culture, consider using these creative touches more sparingly.
Build or expand your LinkedIn profile and include it on your resume, cover letters, and in your email signature.
Resources and Samples