Check Requests are used to reimburse students for purchases made with credit or debit card or cash over $100.00. Check Requests are also used to pay for merchandise and services where credit card is not accepted and students do not want to pay out-of-pocket.
Check Request Process
- Complete the Drexel University Check Request form.
- The form must be signed by the President and/or Treasurer.
- The completed Check Request Form must be submitted to the SAFAC Advisor in GSDC room 32A along with all necessary documentation:
- Original Receipts [receipts should be taped to a sheet of blank paper 1-sided]. Note: If you do not have the original receipt, Accounts Payable will not process a reimbursement.
- Invoices [Accounts Payable does not accept statements]
- Credit Card Statement [required when submitting reimbusements for online payments, hotel payments, travel payments, etc]
- Copies of cashed checks. If a payment was made with a check, a copy of the front and back of the cashed check is required by Accounts Payable. Online bank print-outs are acceptable.
- OCA completed signed contract
- Hotel folios to get reimbursed lodging
- Rental Car contracts to get reimbursed for rental vehicle usage.
- The SAFAC Office will complete the check request within 3-4 business days after receipt. The completed request will be sent to Accounts Payable located in 3201 Arch St.
- Accounts Payable will cut a check within 7-10 business days after receiving the request. The check will take an additional 5-7 business days to receive in the mail.
Note: If a check is not received within 15-21 business days the SAFAC Advisor should be contacted and informed.
Note: For sports clubs which need to pay referees, requests must be submitted to pay the referee(s) directly. Drexel University cannot reimburse students who pay for referees out-of-pocket due to tax liability issues. Accounts Payable will cut checks the week of matches for pick up so that you may bring a check on behalf of the university to the referee.
Note: Please be sure that when completing a Purchase Form for reimbursement purposes to supply your home address.