Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation
We are soliciting internal proposals from principal investigators wishing to submit proposals to the Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation.
For the past few years Drexel has been invited by the Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation to submit one application for consideration. The Margaret Q. Landenberger Foundation provides initial funding for innovative research projects in the medical sciences, with the expectation that this will help the investigator further expand their research through additional grants from other sources.
The foundation focuses on early stage or new investigators focused on biomedical research. The grants are for up to 2 years for a total of $50k-150k.This year the format will differ from previous years, in that the foundation’s review committee has chosen a NIH R21 grant format for the application characteristics. A key part of the review process is a clear mentorship plan and a specific mentor or set of mentors.
Because only one proposal can be submitted to the Foundation from each institution, Drexel will hold an internal competition to determine which proposal will be submitted on behalf of the University. The application requires that the Principal Investigator is a full-time faculty member at either the assistant professor or associate professor level. The proposal requires the full support of a scientific mentor (Chair, Section Chief, or Center/Institute Director) within Drexel University.
The research proposal must represent a novel medical research project requiring initial funding. The maximum budget allowed for direct costs is $150,000.
**All Applicants should be pre-RO1.
For our internal competition we require the following:
- Specific aims page. Remember, a key part of the review process is a clear mentorship plan and a specific mentor or set of mentors.
- A research plan including summary budget (max three pages)
- NIH style biosketch (max two pages)
- A list of the 3-5 reviewers and their titles and institutions that will provide letters of support. The actual letters are not required at this time.
- Nominating letter from the Dean or Department Head. This letter may be emailed to the candidate or provided to them as a pdf or doc, but must be submitted together with the application, not separately mailed to the research office.
All the above items must be submitted as a single pdf, with the name of the PI in the title. The pdf must be sent to email@example.com, with the subject line including the phrase Landenberger internal LOI, no later than 11.59 pm, February 24th, 2014. The full application is due to the Foundation by April 1st, 2014.
Once received, all proposals will be forwarded to an internal review committee that will choose the final nominee. The chosen nominee will submit a full proposal to the Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation by the April 1st, 2014, deadline.