Edward Mallinckrodt Jr. Foundation
We are soliciting internal applicants for the Edward Mallinckrodt, Jr. Foundation Grant program. The mission of the Foundation is to support early stage investigators engaged in basic biomedical research that has the potential to significantly advance the understanding, diagnosis or treatment of disease. As an institution we may submit only two applications total for this competition.
The funds are designed to provide faculty members who hold M.D. and/or Ph.D. degrees, and who are in the first to fourth year of a tenure-track position, with support to move the project forward to the point where R01 or other independent funding can be obtained. Applicants with current R01 funding should not apply.
The regular grants provide $60,000 per year for a period of up to three years. The grants are not renewable. Institutions may submit a maximum of two proposals annually. Accordingly, interested candidates should work through their research grants office in obtaining the appropriate sponsorship or approval from your institution.
Internal applications due no later than 11:59 pm, June 23, 2014. Full applications due to the Foundation by August 1 2014.
Read a full description of the Mallinckrodt Grant program
For our internal competition we require the following:
- A one page lay summary
- Bio sketch / Curriculum vitae of the investigator inclusive of publications in a 4-page NIH format
- Detailed Proposal with Objectives / Aims (Max 3 pages)
- A list of the 3-5 references and their institutions that will provide letters of support. The actual letters are not required at this time.
- Letter of support from the candidate’s Dean, Department Chair, or mentor. This letter may be emailed to the candidate or provided to them as a pdf or doc, but must be submitted together with the application, not separately mailed to the research office.
- Letter(s) of support from any collaborating entity or individual. The actual letters are not required at this time.
- A one page budget in excel format (3 years)
Submit as a single pdf, with the name of the Principal Investigator (PI) and Mallinckrodt Foundation in the title. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line including the phrase Mallinckrodt Foundation, no later than 11:59 pm, June 23, 2014. Full applications are due by August 1, 2014.