American Honda Foundation
We are soliciting internal applicants for the American Honda Foundation’s Grant Program. The American Honda Foundation engages in grant making that reflects the basic tenets, beliefs and philosophies of Honda companies. Honda is: imaginative, creative, youthful, forward-thinking, scientific, humanistic and innovative.
The Foundation supports youth education, specifically in the areas of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, the environment, job training and literacy. Projects with a national scope resonate with the Foundation. Grants range from $20,000 to $75,000, over one-year, and organizations may only submit one request in a 12-month period. Drexel’s last submission occurred November 1st, 2013. We will be eligible for submission for the November 3rd 2014 deadline. In preparing for this upcoming deadline, we are running an internal competition to identify the one project for the University’s 2014 submission.
To determine if your program/project meets the qualifications for consideration, the Foundation has created an online Eligibility Quiz. Click here to start the quiz.
Internal applications due no later than 11:59 pm, September 19, 2014. Full applications due to the Foundation by November 3rd, 2014.
See more information regarding the foundation and program on the Honda website.
Download the full application
For our internal competition we require the following:
- A two page (max) research plan, exclusive of cover or references. No supplementary material is allowed. Please consider the following questions when drafting your research plan:
- What is the national scope of your project: partners, data based model for replication, other?
- Has your project already received support from other funders?
- What are your plans to recruit or attract participants for this project?
- What are the general, long-term goals of your proposed program?
- How will you measure success by the end of the grant period (short term goals)?
- What data collection and evaluation procedures do you have in place or plan to utilize?
- What are the plans for growth of the program?
- Budget narrative (max 1 page)
- A CV from the candidate (max 1 page)
All the above must be combined in a single pdf, with the file name containing the candidate’s name, and sent to email@example.com no later than 11:59 pm, September 19th. The email subject line should read American Honda Foundation. Full applications are due by the 3rd of November, 2014.