ExCITe Center Seed Fund Competition
The ExCITe Center announces a new call for novel, highly multi-disciplinary research projects providing the opportunity to develop concepts that may be difficult to support through traditional channels. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of ExCITe faculty and staff participants, and projects selected for support will receive:
- Funding up to $5000 per project (awards will vary by project needs)
- Use of the ExCITe Center facility for project work (as appropriate)
- Additional opportunities for engagement with other ExCITe Center projects and participants
A detailed budget is required for each proposal. Awarded projects will be required to submit monthly progress reports and to participate in monthly events and presentations at the ExCITe Center.
Announce call for proposals: March 31 2014
Proposals due by 5pm EST May 30 2014
Awards announced: July 1 2014
Project timelines will vary: three to nine months is a reasonable range for project duration
Below are the required sections of the proposal. The body of the proposal is limited to 2 pages, the budget is a separate single page. Indirect costs (organizational or institutional overhead) will not be supported and should not be included. Complete proposals should be submitted as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Title: (100 characters)
- Project Statement: (1 sentence max)
- Objective: (250 characters)
- Project Team: Include for all members - first name, last name, organization, department, email
- Project Plan: State or map out the anticipated workflow and timeline for the development of the project.
- Budget: As detailed as possible/reasonable, i.e. “$250 for widget (Arduino, wireless board, antenna, component electronic x, y, z..)”, not “$250 for supplies.”
Optional Supplemental Materials:
Up to 2 images or one video (as link) may be submitted.