ADHD and Autism
- Validation of computer based tools, EEG and imaging technologies (fNIR) to assess autism spectrum disorders.
- Designing and developing virtual models to enhance interactive skills in autistic children.
- Developing animal models to understand the underlying mechanisms of these disorders and evaluate emerging therapies.
- Developing novel clinical tools to diagnose and evaluate new clinical treatment methods.
Human Factors in Aviation and Aerospace
- Developing models to evaluate and enhance performance during “aircraft upset and recovery”
- Using fNIR, EEG to monitor brain function in stress environments.
- Creating interdisciplinary training program in perception, physiology, cognition and engineering.
Functional Assessment and Recovery from Brain Injury
- Evaluating mild TBI (concussion) in student athletes; assessment of cognitive outcomes using psychological tools, driving simulation, and brain monitoring devices.
- Developing and using blast injury model of TBI in rodents to understand the underlying mechanisms of injury and recovery.
- Evaluating exercise and cognitive rehabilitation as co-treatments for concussion.
NeuroAids, Neurodegeneration and Cognitive Decline
- Developing, validating and studying animal models of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Behavioral, neurochemical and electrophysiological assessment of brain function in animal models of neuroAIDS.
- Use of psychostimulants for treatment of HIV/AIDS-related decline in cognitive function.
Decision Sciences and Pedagogy
- Developing research tools and methodologies for measuring and optimizing decision making in the board room
- Evaluating novel strategies for decision making using resources of the Baida Center for Entrepreneurship in Technology.
- Assessing resiliency in juvenile and adolescent students.
- Identifying effective teaching strategies for the classroom.
Integration of Design Principles and Cognitive Neuroscience
- Considering cognition as it pertains to human performance in the workplace, at home, and in travel and entertainment
- Optimizing learning through environment and gaming applications
- Enhancing the quality of life through personal electronics design and information stream management
- Imaging and sensing.
- Driving simulation.