GSK Discovery Fast Track Challenge
GSK’s annual Fast Track Discovery Challenge is open!
This is a great opportunity to develop drug targets into medicines with one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We hope you will consider submitting an application.
Here are a few highlights that are important to consider as you evaluate the program:
Between now and May 16th, you may submit your drug concept online using the online forms. The Challenge is not limited to specific therapeutic areas; rather, submissions are selected based upon the following criteria:
• Strength of the therapeutic hypothesis
• Degree of originality of the work presented
• Level of completeness of the target/screening assay
• Potential impact or benefit of the target to medicine (unmet medical need)
• Investigator’s and institution’s capabilities to support entry into the program
20 finalists will be identified in July and 10 winners will be selected in November. Once winners are confirmed, a project team will be formed for each winner consisting of the winning investigator and relevant GSK experts. The team will then begin to work together to design the screening cascade to identify the best chemical probes.
Each winner is eligible for four potential outcomes:
• Joint research under GSK’s Discovery Partnerships with Academia program;
• GSK provides chemical probes under agreement or for a joint publication;
• GSK licenses the IP from Drexel;
• No immediate action but possible future activity.
Visit the challenge site for more information.