NOTE: The master’s program has switched to a new application system. Please use these application instructions to apply.
List of Faculty Accepting MS Students for the 2014-15 Application Cycle
Our deadline for completed applications is February 1st. Please make sure that you have submitted all required materials before the deadline. Below is a checklist to help guide you through the application process. Please note that the instructions on the psychology department webpages and from psychology department emails supersede those on the general university website and from general university emails. For example, you should not follow instructions to submit a vita, a personal statement or a letter of recommendation using the general university application process. The following instructions are the ones you should use to apply to the MS Program in Psychology.
Required Materials Checklist
- Online Application - The Drexel University Online Application is submitted to the Office of Admissions. (Important note: do not complete Drexel’s general electronic letter of recommendation form. Doing so may delay the processing of your application. Contact information for your recommenders should only be submitted using the Drexel Psychology Letters of Recommendation Form.)
- Current and former Drexel University graduate students should not complete the general Drexel online application, but do need to follow all other instructions below, including the submission of transcripts and GRE scores (unless already submitted), psychology online application, and letters of recommendation contact information.
- If interested in applying to both the MS and PhD Psychology programs at Drexel, complete the PhD application process and mark on the online application that you are interested in being considered for the MS program.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended. One transcript from each institution you have attended must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the college/university seal over the flap.
- GRE - Official copies of GRE scores must be sent to Drexel (code 2194); Psychology subject test recommended
- If your GRE results will not arrive until after the application deadline, they may or may not be considered. If past the deadline, once official scores have been submitted to Graduate Admissions, notify us by emailing your new scores to email@example.com.
- MS Psychology Online Application– This form is submitted through a secure web-based application directly to the Department of Psychology. Please click on MS Psychology Online Application to complete the form online.
- The following two items are submitted through the psychology online application- do not send an additional copy of these materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions
- Up to 9,000 character (approximately 1,500 words) personal statement that describes your 1) psychology experiences and interests, 2) how these fit within the research-oriented MS program at Drexel, 3) how you would fit within one or more of our listed concentrations and/or faculty mentor’s area of interests and 4) how this degree would advance you professionally.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Three letters of recommendation - All letters of recommendation must now be submitted electronically to the Department of Psychology’s Master’s Program. You must provide contact information for all three of your evaluators through the Drexel Psychology Letters of Recommendation Form. Your evaluators will then be notified of your application to our program and given instructions on how to submit your letter of recommendation electronically. You will be limited to three evaluators. (Important note: Do not use Drexel University’s generic electronic recommendation form, and do not mail hardcopies of the letter of recommendation form. Your evaluators’ contact information must be submitted through the Drexel Psychology Letters of Recommendation Form.
- Interview (if selected)- In March or early April, the MS Program in Psychology will conduct in-person interviews, by invitation only.
- For international students or applicants who earned a degree outside of the U.S.
- Minimum TOEFL — 100/600/250 — scores will be reviewed based on section scores and total scores (IELTS scores may be submitted in lieu of TOEFL scores)
- I-20 Application and supporting financial documents
Please mail your transcripts to the address listed below:
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
For questions related specifically to the psychology department, including the Drexel Psychology Letters of Recommendation Form, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to the graduate studies department admissions process, please e-mail: email@example.com