Selected Major Research Awards and New Grants
Research expenditures have increased 3.2% for the six months of FY12 over the same period for FY11, from $53.39M (FY11) to $55.15M (FY12). Indirect costs recovered have increased 2.5% for the period ending December 31, 2011 as compared to the same period for FY11. This recovery on sponsored projects and contracts allows Drexel to build, maintain, and operate its research facilities.
Congratulations to the following award recipients.
- Dr. Stella Volpe, Department of Nutrition Sciences, College of Nursing and Health Professions, received an award in the amount of $1,709,495 from Penn State University for support in providing Nutrition Outreach in Philadelphia Public Schools.
- Dr. Jeffrey M. Jacobson, Department of Medicine: HIV, College of Medicine, received an award in the amount of $917,582 from the Health Resources and Services Administration for the HIV Early Intervention Services Program.
- Dr. Gerry Stahl, College of Information Science and Technology, received an award in the amount of $804,914 from the National Science Foundation for Computer-Supported Math Discourse Among Teachers and Students.
- Dr. Victor M. Lidz, Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, received an award in the amount of $552,367 from the Aids Activities Coordinating Office for Behavioral Health Consultants for HIV Primary Care.
- Dr. Michel W. Barsoum, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, received an award in the amount of $535,927 from Battelle Energy Alliance, LLC for Diffusion and Chemical Compatibility of the MAX Phases for Advanced Reactor Fuel and Component Design.