Standard PCard limits are $4,999.00/transaction and $10,000.00/month. Permanent higher or lower limits may be requested using the Purchasing Card Change Form [PDF]. Temporary limit increases may be directed to email@example.com
Cardholders are responsible for keeping track of their PCard account balance as well as their University available funds when making purchases. Visit www.drexel.edu/webfinancials to verify available balances.
PCards should never be used for:
- Personal charges, even with the intent of reimbursing the University.
Note: Should a cardholder make an accidental personal purchase on their card, they should immediately notify: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any transaction that exceeds your available budget.
- Traveler’s Checks or cash advances or cash withdrawals from ATM machines.
- Intra-campus Purchases of any sort (e.g., University Club, any Drexel-run programs, IRT Webinars, etc.) or for services that can be performed by another on-campus department, (e.g., Facilities, Copy Shop, etc.).
Note: Campus bookstore is exempt from this restriction.
- Any purchase that would require Facilities Services to deliver and/or install and/or engineer the space in which the item is going. (e.g. furniture, carpeting and electric power).
- Any contract, agreement or arrangements whereby the University is required to sign any type of contract or agreement (e.g., leases, independent contractors and consultants).
Drexel University Contract Protocol / Drexel University College of Medicine Contract Protocol
- Services of non-incorporated providers (e.g., catering, consulting, repairs, maintenance).
- Any item that exceeds your transaction limit (generally $2,000.00) or would cause your monthly limit to be exceeded (generally $7,500.00).
Note: PCardholders may NOT split transactions across multiple transactions, days or departmental PCards in order to circumvent their single transaction limit. Nor can they request a vendor to force a transaction through when their PCard is declined due to their set limits. Notify when you are declined on a transaction so they can help remedy the situation.
- Purchases presenting significant potential risk or exposure to liability for the University such as items or services that present special health, safety, occupational, or environmental risks (e.g., radioactive material, animals, controlled substances, etc.).
- Alcoholic beverages.
**Exceptions for any of the above restrictions must be requested by directing an e-mail to email@example.com and are at the discretion of the Director of Operations or designate.
Corrective Actions for Policy Violations and Misuse
Fraudulent use of a PCard on any level will not be tolerated. Should it occur, all privileges will be immediately terminated and the cardholder will be required to reimburse the University for any and all fraudulent purchases. Further disciplinary action will be taken according to University policy.
Personal use of a PCard, if found to be accidental, will require the cardholder to refund the cost of the purchase to the University. More than one accidental use may lead to card termination. If the offense was found to be fraud, the cardholder could face termination and possible criminal charges.
Missing receipts for purchases will result in PCard suspension until they are provided. If a copy of a receipt cannot be obtained from the vendor, a Missing Receipt Form [PDF] (signed by a Dean or Vice President), must be completed for each lost receipt. Multiple violations will result in account termination.
Restricted purchases (listed above) may result in PCard termination depending on the circumstances and the severity.
Intra-campus purchases, such as for the University Club or Drexel-run programs, are issued a warning for the first two violations and PCard termination for the third violation.
Failure to reconcile account by the monthly due date without contacting the PCard Office will result in PCard suspension until reconciliation is completed for the first two offenses, and PCard termination for the third offense.
Failure to submit approved Account Statements by the monthly due date without contacting the PCard Office will result in account suspension until the statement has been received, and account termination for the third offense.
- Irresponsible PCard management will cause a cardholder’s account to be suspended pending a review.