Labs and Equipment
We have over 2,025 square feet of dedicated research laboratory space. The laboratory space includes the following:
- Research/clinical office.
- Small patient care clinic.
- Fully equipped motion analysis lab.
- Neuromuscular performance lab.
- Pediatric research unit and conference room.
- Small library.
- Development/machine shop.
- Computers and workspace for PhD students.
Our equipment includes:
- Force plates (2 floor mounted, 2 portable).
- Video (Vicon, Peak) and electromagnetic motion analysis systems (Fastrak, Liberty & Flock of Birds).
- Three EMG systems (16-ch – custom, 8 ch-Noraxon, 4 ch Delsys).
- Custom-designed seated balance testing platform.
- Two custom designed trunk strength testing units (1 portable).
- Two biaxial electrogoniometers.
- Two load cells with amplifiers.
- EMED plantar pressure system.
- Human Performance Measurement, Inc system with modules for measuring central processing time, strength, postural stability, reaction speed.
- Dedicated laboratory collection and analysis computers with the latest versions of LabView, Matlab and Peak Motus, and C-Motion software.
- Custom LabView and Peak Motus programs to allow simultaneous collection of EMG, force and kinematics through 32-channel A/D boards.
- Wireless accelerometers.
- Real time ultrasound unit.