Labs and Equipment
We have over 9,000 square feet of dedicated research space. The research space is located on the same floor as a 14, 000 square foot multi-disciplinary outpatient medical clinic. The research space includes the following:
- 4 fully equipped labs dedicated to assessment of human movement performance:
- Gait lab (4 AMTI in-floor force plates integrated with an 8 camera Vicon Nexus).
- Biomechanics lab (custom integrated 16 ch EMG, Kistler force plate and 8 sensor Polhemus Liberty system)
- Osteoporosis & Fall Prevention lab (Human Performance Measurement system including modules for measuring central processing time, strength, postural stability, reaction speed)
- Musculoskeletal Control lab
- Pediatric research unit and conference room with a Polycom video conferencing platform.
- Development/ machine shop.
- Specialized data reduction lab with the latest versions of the LabVIEW, MATLAB, Visual 3D,SPSS, SAS, NVivo.
- A small library.
- PhD, grant manager and post-doc offices.
- 2 research conference rooms with Polycom video conferencing platforms.
Our equipment includes:
- Electromagnetic motion analysis systems (Polhemus Fastrak, & Flock of Birds).
- Two EMG systems (8 ch- Noraxon, 4 ch-Delsys).
- Custom-designed seated balance testing platform.
- Two custom designed trunk strength testing units (1 portable).
- Two biaxial electrogoniometers.
- Two load cells with amplifiers.
- EMED plantar pressure system.
- XSENS wireless accelerometer system
- Terason T3000-real time ultrasound unit
- DEXA scanner