Policies and Procedures
New or Current Visiting Scholars
- Students will receive a letter in the mail indicating their acceptance into the Visiting Scholars Program.
- Upon acceptance, Visiting Scholars will be assigned a Drexel student identification number and Drexel student username. This information must be memorized as it will be required for certain courses, exams, and forms.
- Visiting Scholars are responsible for obtaining their Drexel DragonCard (student ID card) from the DragonCard office located on campus. For more information, visit the DragonCard website at http://www.drexel.edu/dragoncard.
- Once acquired, Visiting Scholars must carry their DragonCard with them at all times while on campus.
- Visiting Scholars will have access to the Drexel library, computers, and lounges on campus only during the course(s) for which they are registered.
- Visiting Scholars are responsible for setting up and accessing their DrexelOne and email accounts.
- Students are only permitted to enroll in courses that are not offered by their high school, unless the student has completed the highest level offered at their high school.
- 12th grade students may not register for courses the summer following their graduation from high school, unless they are attending Drexel University as a freshman in the Fall.
- Students are expected to abide by all Drexel University policies, student code of conduct, and course registration guidelines and procedures unless otherwise noted below.
Approved Colleges/Schools Offering Courses
- Visiting Scholars may only choose courses from the following colleges:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Goodwin College of Professional Studies
- LeBow College of Business
- University-wide courses
- Visiting Scholars may only choose introductory classes. The course level is generally indicated by a “100” or “101” course number.
- Visiting Scholars will not be enrolled into a secondary level course without first completing the course prerequisites at Drexel University. High school, AP, or other non-Drexel college credit cannot serve as a course prerequisite.
- Visiting Scholars in good standing may take one (1) course per term at Drexel University.
- Visiting Scholars will only be eligible to take classes in which space is available and placement has been approved by the instructor.
- Visiting Scholars can search through available courses using the Term Master Schedule available online: http://coreapp1.drexel.edu/webtms.
- Visiting Scholars will be required to select three (3) potential courses per term, as registration into any class is not guaranteed by the Visiting Scholars Program.
- Visiting Scholars are responsible for contacting their course professors prior to the start of class with any questions regarding the course.
- Visiting Scholars are able to access their unofficial transcripts and grades online using the DrexelOne portal at https://one.drexel.edu.
- Visiting Scholars are expected to earn a grade of “B” or higher in each Drexel course to remain in good standing.
- If a Visiting Scholar earns a “B-“ or “C+” in a course, he or she is not permitted to register for the following term and must wait one (1) full term before registering for another class.
- If a Visiting Scholar earns a “C” grade or lower in a course or withdraws from the course, resulting in a “W,” the student must wait two (2) full terms before he or she is eligible to register for another course at Drexel.
- A Visiting Scholar who earns two grades of a “C” or lower, withdraws from two courses, OR has any combination of two low grades or withdrawals will be dismissed from the program.
Missed Classes/Excused Absences
- Visiting Scholars must abide by the rules set forth by their professors regarding missed classes and absences as outlined in the syllabus or discussed in class.
- Visiting Scholars are responsible for contacting their class professors to obtain missed information or assignments (prior to the missed class, if possible).
Dropping or Withdrawing from a Course
- The University-wide Drop/Withdraw form and policies can be found online at http://www.drexel.edu/src/academics/forms/~/media/Files/src/academicforms/Add_Drop_Withdraw_UCMAIN.ashx.
- Drops must be completed by the end of week two (2) in a given term.
- Withdraws must be completed before week five (5) and will result in a permanent “W” on the Visiting Scholar’s official transcript.
- Students wishing to add, drop, or withdraw from a course must print the proper form, obtain the instructor’s signature, sign the form, and either hand deliver (5016 MacAlister Hall) or fax (215.895.6813) to the Visiting Scholars Program no later than 12:00 noon on the Friday of the deadline period (Friday of week two  of the term for adding or dropping classes; Friday of week five  for withdrawing from a class).
- Students withdrawing from a course will need to wait two (2) full terms before registering for another course through the Visiting Scholars program.
NOTE: Two course withdrawals will result in dismissal from the program.
Please read through the Visiting Scholars Program FAQs for additional information and procedures.